Chapter 2

Jalice's P.O.V

I was still frozen in place. I really just wanted to avoid them today.

I squeezed my textbooks to my chest feeling frightened already as they started walking to me. To admit it I felt weak. I felt like using the idea that I was used to being in these type of situations everyday, or the bruises and scars as an excuse for not being stronger.

I looked down myself at least once everyday to how weak I am. Yet every time I would want to run, or use the gym we had in the pack house my brother would say I was too fat, and that a disgusting pig shouldn't be in clean places. That's why my room was on the top floor where no one went; my room was a tiny little space. Only a bed that was small enough to be a toddler's bed, my closet doors looked like they would breakdown soon, but I still have a bathroom. My brother was nice enough to give me one, note the sarcasm.

"Well, look at these ugly glasses "Nicole snatched my glasses off my face examining them.

"It would be a shame that they broke; you wouldn't be able to see" She smirked the next second she threw my glasses on the floor stepping on them. Shattering the glass while doing so.

Great thank you so much now how the hell am I going to see the board. I'm not that smart with my glasses how do you think I'm going to be without. I was reaching for my glasses on the floor when one of Nicole's friends pushed me with their foot kicking the spot my brother kicked this morning.

I hissed in pain; I was still clutching my books to my chest to see if they would block some of the hits I knew were coming my way. A kick to my other side made me drop my books.

"You're so helpless; you can't even defend your own self. You just make it easier for us" Nicole grabbed me by the hair whispering those words into my ear before slapping me, and throwing me against the lockers.

I bet I was like a feather to her, a feather to anyone she just wouldn't admit it.

One last kick to my stomach, and the bell rang on cue.

Nicole and her friends walked away laughing. I gathered my books, and walked over to my glasses. One of the lenses were shattered; the other just had some scratches. At least I have one lens to look through.

I dusted off my clothes, and started heading to second period. I touched my cheek to feel it burning. It's probably already bruised.

**Lunch time**

Luckily the rest of my classes were fast and it was lunch time. I headed to the lunch room, getting as much food as I can get to fill me up for tomorrow, like I said I don't eat at the pack house.

As I walked to my usual table in the back Nicole stepped in front of me."Really fatty? You stacked all the damn food into your plate, you should leave some for other people because you really don't need the extra pounds" Oh, I needed them.

She walked away bumping into me on purpose making me stumble but luckily I gained balance and my food didn't fall either.

I sat on my seat and looked around the cafeteria. I spotted Nicole glued to Logan. Logan Jett the soon to be alpha of our pack and his birthday was on the same day as mine so he would be eighteen as well. He is also one of the main people who tease and beat me.

He is my brother's best-friend; he and my brother are the cause of scar that goes across my stomach, from the slightest touch it still hurts.

**Flashback**

It was a usual day. I was cleaning the house like I did everyday, some people can be such pigs around here .I was cleaning the dish's when someone yelled my name." JALICE!!!!"Instead of one it was two voices. I turned around to see Logon, and Kevin rushing towards me, looking angry.

"y-y-yes" I stuttered.

"Why haven't you done the laundry, We need cloth we are not pigs like you. Who wears the same thing every single day, and why you haven't gotten any thing ready for the party tonight!!"My brother yelled now inches away from me.

"I-i-i haven't gotten to t-t-the laundry, a-and you n-never told me a-about t-t-the party" I was terrified. Not only did I have Kevin mad at me but logon as well; that's never a good thing.

Suddenly my brother looked side ways to the sink and smirked. I backed up a little. I saw him staring at Logon now they looked like they were mind linking.

Logon walked up to the sink grabbing a rather big and sharp knife. He stalked towards me. He stopped when he was inches away. He turned his head to my brother. "Why don't you do the honor, it was your idea "My brother stepped forward getting the knife out of Logon's hand."My pleasure"

"This is your punishment you useless bitch" He whispered against me ear.

He lifted up my shirt but not enough to show my bra. The next thing I knew; I was screaming in pain. The knife was starting from my waist band to tip were my bra was.

The line bended, going across my stomach. The pain was agonizing. My eyes welled up with tears the moment the knife touched my skin. The knife was cutting into my skin deep. I felt my blood trickle down my stomach and hit the floor like water droplets.

Yet I wasn't only crying because of the unbearable pain. It was also my own brother doing this to his own sister. It never fails to shock me why he would do this. When I looked into his eyes they only held one emotion, amusement.

That hurt more than the sharp knife digging into my skin. My own brother was enjoying hurting me.

When he stopped in the middle of my stomach I thought he was done. But I was wrong; Logon took his place and continued.

Finally they stopped. My blood was dripping everywhere."Now I hope you learned your lesson, now clean up this mess "Logon shouted. He and my brother walked away.

**End of Flash-back**

Remembering seeing my brothers eyes while doing that to me made a tear fall down me cheek but I quickly wiped it away.

It was last period, but I skipped it and went home. I remember the threat Kevin had written on the note.

I quickly went upstairs; took a quick shower putting on my usual cloth. I put on my grey converse and ran down stairs.

I finished making their dinner. They would be here around five minutes. I put my hair into a bun, just in case. I didn't want my hair being pulled on or filled with blood; it's happened before.

On cue the pack rushed right through the door. Nicole and Logon were the first to walk in followed by my brother and Nicole's friends latched on to him. Giggling at every joke he said. He isn't even that funny!

I wanted to scream 'shut up'! Yet I knew I would definitely not be seeing daylight tomorrow.

"What are you staring at?"Kevin yelled."N-nothing I was just looking"

"You know you should be more great-full your lucky I'm not beating the shit out of you right now "Kevin walked away as he pushed me to the ground.

That was my signal of freedom.

It was already late. When they would eat for the rest of day they wouldn't bother me. I ran to my room; locked myself in. I looked at myself in the mirror to see I had a blue bruise on my right cheek, probably from the slap Nicole had given me.

I headed over to my bed and looked out the window. To the forest, I thought about how I would shift into my wolf for the first time and run as much as I could.

I yawned feeling tired. I brought the blankets over me and snuggled in to them. A smile crept up my face when I thought of two days from now I would be finding my mate; the one that would protect and love me. I fell asleep with a smile on my face that night....

********