Chapter 1 | Confession

You sat on your bed, hopelessly struggling against the horrible wrath of boredom. You tried singing, but you had a cold so your voice was all croaky and terrible. Actually, you never were free of colds because you lived in Snowdin. As freezing as it was, it was still a cute, friendly town, which made you smile. But your most FAVOURITE thing about it was that your bestest skeleton friends lived there. They really added a spark to your life.

Actually, as you were thinking of them, you got a call. You let out a sigh of relief and picked it up. You almost died of boredom.
"Hey?" you spoke into the phone.

"HELLO! HUMAN!"
You instantly pulled the phone away from your ear so it was a good few centimetres away. You smiled, realizing it was Papyrus.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW?"
You still held your cellphone a good distance away from your ear. As adorable as Papyrus was, he always shouted everything he had to say.

"Uhh, literally nothing right now, Papy," you replied. "Why'd you ask?"
You lied down and rolled onto your stomach.

"WELL, MY BROTHER AND I ARE SO BORED RIGHT NOW-"
You cut him off. "Oh my gosh, SAME!"

"GOOD! THEN YOU'LL AGREE TO COME AROUND TO OUR HOUSE. RIGHT. NOW. TO HANG OUT!"
And with that he hung up the phone. If it was anyone else, you'd consider them incredibly rude, but since it was Papyrus you laughed it off instead.

You decided you would go to their house because, as mentioned before, you where bored as hell, and also you were itching to see the two skele-bros. With a lazy moan you rolled off your bed and stood up. You then slipped on your favourite Vans and a thick coat and exited through the front door.

-

You eagerly waited for a response once you knocked on the door to Papyrus and Sans' house. You did a weird little dance of excitement, also to warm you up. and imediately stopped once you saw Papyrus open the door.

"SO YOU ARRIVE, Y/N! YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'RE REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SPENDING TIME WITH YOUR DEAREST FRIEND, THE GREAT PAPYRUS!"

You giggled.
"Hell yeah I am!"
You shivered and breathed onto your hand. Your breath was visible in the frosty air.

"GOOD! WELL YOU LOOK FREEZING, SO YOU CAN COME IN NOW."

You nodded thankfully and then stepped in. You took off your thick coat and hung it up on the hat stand that was next to the door.

"Hey, Y/N."
"Oh, hi there Sans!" you greeted him gleefully and sat down next to him.

"SO," Papyrus said as he stood in front of the two of you. "IF BOTH OF YOU ARE READY, THEN! WE! SHALL BEGIN! THE HANGOUT!"
"Sure, bro," Sans replied casually.
You nodded.

"GREAT! WHAT SHOULD WE DO FIRST, THEN?"
"What about playing a board game?" you suggested.
"GOOD IDEA, Y/N!"

Papyrus raced upstairs and arrived back down in a flash with Cranium.
"THIS GAME IS REALLY FUN! HAVE YOU PLAYED IT BEFORE, Y/N?"
"No actually, I haven't."
"THEN I WILL EXPLAIN THE RULES AND THEN WE CAN START!"

-

The three of you stayed up until midnight playing the board game. When Sans fell asleep, you and Papyrus decided it was time to cut it short. You grinned from ear to ear when Papyrus picked up Sans and took him up to his room, still asleep. They were so cute. You yawned and tiredly scrambled across to the couch. You literally then just flopped down onto it.

You watched as Papyrus sat next to you, and you even blushed a little.
You gulped, knowing that since Sans wasn't there, it was time to confess your feelings.

"Papyrus..?" you whispered, shuffling closer to him.
"WHAT IS IT, HUMAN?"
You flinched as he pretty much yelled right next to your ear. Sometimes you wished he could be a bit quieter, or a LOT quieter. Apart from that, you absolutely adored his voice.

"Hey, uhh... Could you be a bit quieter?"
"I'M SORRY, HUMAN." he lowered his voice.
It still wasn't as quiet as you wanted it to be, but it was good enough.
"ANYWAYS, WHAT DID YOU WANT TO TELL ME?"

"I uhh..." you sighed. "Papyrus I love you. In a romantic way, I mean..."
You begin to feel awkward.
"HUMAN," Papyrus said in a reasurring, but still loud voice.
"I UHH..." he blushed as he held your hand tight. Actually, he SQUEEZED it.
"I LOVE YOU TOO... I ALWAYS HAVE. FROM THE BEGINNING."

You froze. He loved you from the beginning?!
You turned to him and planted a kiss on his cheekbone. His face became a brighter shade of orange, and yours became more red. You looked like a tomato next to your carrot-looking skeleton friend.

You smiled and snuggled into him.
"I hope this lasts forever," you whispered.
"ME TOO."

You fell asleep with Papyrus' bony fingers in your hair. You loved him so much.