"Blow the lamps out" my loud voice commanded with authority. Seconds later the lamps were all out with our steady approach.

"Captian is... is that the..the Queen Anne's Revenge", asked my first mate in a hushed voice.

That's why it looked familiar was my only thought. I gave him a nod. This was going to be more fun then I thought.

It was silent almost like everyone was holding their breaths. The stars like beacons in the sky watching our backs and the moon slowly creeping up in the sky. The water calm with little waves lapping the side of the ship. The small breeze going out. Nothing moved. Nothing made a sound.

Then faster then lightning a roar sounded from the Moon Dagger and half the crew including me lept aboard. Swords met swords. Crys of pain were heard between the sound of clashing blades and footsteps joining the fight.

I didn't stay to fight. I headed straight for the Captian's cabin now showing signs of life cutting down anyone or thing in my path.

The knob on the door turned and swung open almost taking it off the hinges.

"What in the seven seas is happening out here" roared the one and only black beard.

He was huffing and looked like he put his clothes on in a haste. His teeth wet clenched. His eyes showed a lust for blood for whoever woke him up from is sleep. He wore one boot, a black hat with a feather in it and a yellow-tinged tunic.

I spoke up then, "Well Mr. Blackbeared your ship is under attack and your crew is almost dead. I thought someone as high and mighty as you would have figured that out by now" I explained with a wide grin plastered on my face.

His face turned a mad red. And I'm pretty sure I could see steam coming out of his ears.

With a mighty roar of rage almost as bad as the Minotaur he attacked swinging his blade in a down word motion that I easily dodge.

Everyone stopped to see the fight. Even his crew.

He advanced again slow this time. Observing, looking for any openings in my stance finding none. He slashed his sword, the sword of Triton at my midsection as I danced back Riptide in my hand. From the momentum of the swing, he took a step forward his stomach open. Taking the chance I attacked swiping at his chest. He blocked just in time.

Slash, dodge, roll. I went into auto-pilot losing myself to the beat of my heart and the clashing of our blades.

We were locked in a beautiful dance of death. One wrong step, one wrong move and you were dead.

All sounds faded other than my heartbeat. The onlookers faded. There was nothing but, my sword and Blackbeards.

But then he made a slip-up and I took my chance and stabbed him through the heart. Time slowed as he fell on the cold wooden deck, dead. And then there was one.

The world came back. Sounds returned. Onlookers came into view.

The older, wiser of Blackbeard's crew dropping their weapons surrendering, as others continued to fight. They were all soon dead or bound in rope to the masts.

"Captian!", my first mate called, " You have to see this"!

With that, I followed him below deck only to see two female demigods bound in bronze chain and gagged with a white cloth. Their eyes were closed but, their chest was moving.
They looked like sisters. Same long hair, same brown skin.

Without saying a thing I took the gag off them. They were waking up when I reached to take the bounds around their wrist off.

Now they were fully awake and alert, scanning the room with a critical eye. Apparently, they didn't deem me as much of a threat.

Before they could start questioning me I spoke up while helping them up" Hello ladies, I'm Percy Jackson. I'm here to free you".

They only nodded but I could see the unspoken question in their eyes as they glanced into each other. Can we trust him?

"I swear on the river Styx that I will do everything in my ability to keep you safe" with that right on cue lightning boomed in the distance.

They let out a sigh of what looked like relief before following me above deck. A soft breeze picked up their hair and blew it behind them with their tattered stolas.

We boarded the Moon Dagger and sailed away from the sinking Queen Ann's Revenge after gathering the supplies. The crew of the ship in rowboats rowing to shore that was a good mile away.

All the sudden a boom came from below deck followed by a splash I rushed below deck " What the blithering blue blazes happened" my voice rang out.

A stuttering voice called back. "A... th-the ca-canon wen-went off. So-sorry Ca-captain"

"It's alright" my voice softened as I gazed at the young brunette girl I bent down to her teary eye level wiping the tears off her cheeks and pulling her in a hug. Rubbing soothing circles on her back as she cried on my shoulder, her arms around my neck.

"Your very good with children," a raspy feminine voice said from behind me. I turned and saw it was one of the demigods we saved. She looked like the younger of the two.

I shrugged as I picked up the girl and head to the hammocks putting her to bed. I leave, but not before tucking her in with a blanket I found laying on the bottom of the hammock.

"My names Reyna by the way and that's my big sister Hylla," she said pointing to the other demigod we rescued who was leaning against the rail looking into the reflective water below.

We approach her as people head off to bed. "You guys have two choices. You can either be part of my crew or we can drop you off on land near Camp Jupiter and the Amazons. Your choice. For now, you can sleep in my quarters" I say pointing to the captain' s cabin as I walk away.

I walk to the foremast and climb up to the fighting top and sit down starring up at the stars.

I seek out different constellations like the Huntress. That one was always my mother's favorite. She always admired it because the Huntress was a strong, independent maiden.

That was always a fond time for me, when I was with my mother and we gazed upon the stars or when we had picnics on the beach making sand castles after eating.

She was always there with a warm smile and caring eyes. Tucking me in bed every night and telling me bedtime stories, or nursing me back to health when I got sick, worry in her eyes.

That is until one day when I was seven men came into our house. Bad men from the way my mother told me to go hide and wait until she came to find me. I remember hearing shouts from the men and my mother's calm voice speaking back. And how there were a loud crash and a small grunt. Then the door slam shut.

I remember running downstairs seeing red warm liquid pooling around my mother.

She was pale then and her hands were cold. That's when I saw the knife embedded in her chest.

I still remember her last words as the light faded from her eyes. "I love...you Percy. There will... be tough times...but you have...to keep fighting...and keep your...head high" tears were streaming down my face and hers. But she kept going our eyes locked. She sang the song that made me happy whenever I was sad " You are my sun...shine. My...only sunshine...You...make me happy... when skies...are grey...you'll...never know dear...how much I...love you...please don't...take my...sun...shine...away" and with that final word the light in her eyes faded away and the hand I was clutching fell limp.

The memory faded and the world came back. The stars bright in the black sky. The rocking of the ship. The creaks from the ship and the breeze carrying a flowery sent so much like my mother's.

I wiped the silent tears from my eyes and soon fell into a dreamless sleep.

(A/N) Well on that not so happy note I hope you liked it and all that jazz. Sorry for the many spelling errors. And I will see you next chapter I hope. Bye!! :)