Chapter One

Third Person POV

Standing at the Fo'c'sle (raised deck at the bow) a salty sent was carried to the notorious Captian Jackson in the breeze, refreshing him to the bones and making his lose tunic sway. Nothing could ruin this moment.

The sun was at the horizon sending brilliant rays through the sapphire, violet and scarlet sky. The last of the bright burning stars fading into the morning air.

Nothing was amiss... yet. Everyone was asleep in their hammocks from the long night in the treacherous beast of a storm. Not a star in sight. Fifteen to twenty-foot waves threatening the son of Posideon's ship and everyone aboard to sink into the vast, cold, dark ocean below never to be seen again.

Yet they prevailed to see such a beautiful sunrise without a cloud in the sky. Something got his dad's Chilton in a twist was the only thought on that matter, from the eighteen-year-old boy.

The peace and quiet were suddenly disturbed by a barefoot boy no older than six with dirty blond hair and blue eyes that had a spark curiosity as they stared intently at the warm sun in the distance. The boy had freckles splashed against his sun-kissed plump checks and button nose. He wore a white tunic and brown trousers. Nothing too special about it.

Other crewmates started to wake and breakfast soon started. Captian Jackson had an apple courtesy of the rich port they raided to the east a few moons ago.

Captian Jackson POV

Time was easy to tell out here, in the sea. We either use the Sun's position or we use the Antikythera mechanism.

When breakfast was finished the crew took up their positions on the main deck. And I took up mine at the wheel.

Shouts were spread across the sea as the main and foremast were set down for sailing. Steering the ship north to the next place they were going to raid without mercy. He could already see it.

The Moon Dagger pulling beside a hapless merchant's ship. The crew swinging on ropes to the ship taking what's needed and more. If the men aboard happen to attack, their blood will forever stain the wooden boards of the ship sending a coppery smell across the sea green ocean. Then the Moon Dagger would sail off into the sunset per se.

But of course, things never go to plan like this one time we were in the middle of a raid when the very rude Kraken burst out of the water wanting to play. If you call nearly sinking my ship and almost killing half my crew playing. The poor thing didn't know what was coming when he did that. Hours later after him being in lots of pain he finally burst into golden dust off to Tartarus.

Or another time when I found a Fury not playing so nice with a boy about twelve years of age, on one of my calming walks in the woods. The forest was beautiful and bursting with color and animals of all sizes at the time.

Well, that was off topic. Anyway, the Fury ended up going to the underworld the hard way with almost every bone broken.

The boy soon became part of my crew and one of the best prankers on board. We found out he was a son of Hermes real quick.

After several hours of sailing, the sun low in the sky we found what we were looking for (pause of dramatic effect) a ship. Well, what looked like one. It was old and looked in bad condition. It was also strangely familiar. I just couldn't place it. Oh well, it will come to me in time.

As we got close the sun was almost completely down. The stars making the first appearances of the night and the ship becoming harder to see, save for the lanterns on board.