Chapter 7: A New Home, A New Beginning

We rode for hours. We didn't know where we were going. We just rode.
"I totally forgot you don't live here," Jaxon said with a laugh," You can stay the night at my house..." he offered.
"I'd love that," I said, smiling and letting my eyes shimmer in the moonlight. Earlier I had hidden my eyes from the moonlight. I think I was afraid of him being distracted.
"So are we.... dating?" He asked.
"I think so. I've never, ever done this before," I replied, smiling.
"I hope so,"he smiled and turned back to the road, "Here it is... casa de Jaxon," he said, laughing at his own wording. He had to help me get my crutches. There was no way I was getting them myself. For heaven sakes my leg is fractured in three places! He held them upright in front of me with one hand and offered me the other. I smiled and grabbed it. Letting him pull me up felt like being thrown as a feather. I must be weightless to him. I'm almost positive he would've held my hand if it wasn't preoccupied. My crutches moved in rhythm with my body. Crunch then foot. Crunch then foot. They were simply a song of their own. Hurriedly, he ran to the door and opened it, wide. The entrance consisted of a large chandelier and a spiral staircase with a what looked like a bedazzled pole in the middle. I was speechless. Just speechless. The walls were a light beige that turned into a reddish brown as it opened into the living room. The living room also had a chandelier. There was a tan-ish rug sitting on top of a beautiful hardwood floor. There were also beige sofas that made a circle in the center of the living room with a glass and stainless steel coffee table in the middle.
"Wow....."I said and turned to admire the artwork that hung on the walls. I looked up and around the living room chandelier was a floating hardwood hallway with a gold railing.
"Yeah... Ma and Pa are out for work. They're out in Mellalan," he said and scratched the back of his neck. Did he say Mellalan? Where was I?
"Mellalan?" I asked and he nodded," never heard of it.." I said and shook my head. He laughed and went to grab my hand. His fingers grazed my hand and then my crutches. Instantly after feeling the crutches, his hand pulled away. He pointed to the stairs.
"Follow me," he said and began to practically gallop up the stairs, smiling the whole way. I however was taking my time trying to avoid catching my crutches on the red carpet sprawled over the top of the hardwood stairs. On the way up I saw pictures of Jaxon and his family all over the wall. They look like a perfect family. Unlike mine. Jaxon's mother is beautiful. She looks like a newly blossomed rose that has no thorns. His father, just like mine used to. I noticed in one picture Jaxon had a sister. I hadn't noticed before but she was in about twelve others out of twenty. She looked just like her mother, red hair about to her waist and a skinny structure. She also had very unique navy green eyes that everyone but Jaxon had. I seemed to be opposites of everyone but Jaxon. We both had brown hair. His short and shaggy. Mine down to my waist and do with natural curls. My eyes are crystal colored. His are melty a chocolate brown. We both have high cheekbones that even out our faces and make their shapes really defined. In every picture, everyone in it was smiling. If this was what his everyday life was like, could we just switch lives?