Chapter 5: Hello, Fate.

He stared at me with eyes of deep concern. They dug into my skin. And it hurt. At least emotionally. He looked down, pained. His shaggy brown hair just seemed to fall right into place with his eyes.
"I'll leave you two alone for a moment," the nurse said and left with a reassuring smile.
"So... how are you feeli-" Jaxon started but I cut him off.
"Cut the crap Jaxon. We both know that's faking it," I smiled, proud of myself for speaking up. He smiled too and walked over to my bedside. Slowly, he sat down and grabbed my hand.
"Okay you caught me. I'm so, SO sorry Devyn talked to you like that. If it makes you feel better I yelled at him for you.." that last part made us both laugh.
"Pleeease," I exaggerated,"What they were saying to us is a lot better than wait did happen to me," I pointed at my cast-wrapped leg. He smiled and squeezed my hand.
"I really like you, B," he said and took both of my hands, only to squeeze them between the two of his. I blushed, yet didn't look down this time.
"I really like you too, Jax," I said and his face turned as red as mine, he didn't look down either. The door suddenly opened with a creak, making the both of us jump.
"I almost forgot!" The nurse said," Your crutches are outside the-" I cut her off.
"Crutches.... WHAT?!" I said.
"Sweetheart your leg is fractured in 3 places. It's going to take some time to heal and unless you want to just stay here and be lazy all day! Now get up, get in that wheelchair, and go get your crutches that we had special ordered just for you!"she smiled after she finished.
"Here let me help," Jax said and helped lift me off of the bed. Carefully he carried me over and set me in the wheelchair. I looked up and smiled. It didn't take that long to wheel me to the crutches. They were tie-dyed purple, lime green, and blue. On the sides it said my first and last name.
"You paid for this didn't you..." I asked and he nodded. "Thank you," I said and pushed myself up to kiss him on the cheek. He blushed as my lips brushed his smooth, tender cheek.
"Oooooooooooooooohhhhhh...." the nurses said behind us and making us blush even more. Thank you, Fate.