Chapter 24 Their job is done

(ALL ABOARD THE GRAYWOLF SHIP!!!!!!! Or you x Remus ship...? Idk. Also, sorry for typos, I'm lazy.)

You leaned against Remus as the train was heading into Hogsmeade. It was currently freezing both outside, and inside. The windows were frosted, making it nearly impossible to see outside. The few glimpses you did catch were of thick sheets of snow and nothing else. You didn't know whether you just had insanely bad luck, or if the snow was just that deep.

"Cold?" Remus asked as he wrapped his arm around you.

"What? Me? Cold? Pshhh....what? Only pansies get cold." You said, when suddenly James thought it would be a brilliant idea, a BRILLIANT one, to open the window. Lilly yelped out in surprise and you burrowed into Remus' side, who was currently trying to keep snow from getting in his eyes.

"The flip, Prongs?!" Sirius yelled as he slammed the window shut again. The compartment was filled with snow, and James was laughing his head off in the middle of it. Sirius looked like he was gonna die from hypothermia, Remus looked extremely annoyed, Lilly was trying to find warmth...and you? You were currently too busy trying to stay warm.

     "Yeah, what in merlins beard was that for?!"  Remus hissed as James wiggled his eyebrows.  Remus sighed as he rolled his eyes, obviously catching something that you didn't.

     "Well...I say since it's James's fault were in this situation, he's paying for the butter beer."  You said, making everyone nod in agreement.

     "The flippity flip Lynx?!"  James said, making Sirius' face contort into a face like, 'I said it first'.  As he said this, you reached for the necklace Remus got you that sat on your neck, then stuck out your tongue.  James stuck out his tongue at you, and you both continued to childishly insult each other until the train came to a stop.

     "We're here!"  You said, bouncing up.  You grabbed Lily by the arm and began to dash off the train, shouting behind you, "LAST PERSON THERE IS SPLITTING THE BILL WITH JAMES!!!"  You heard James let out a distressed cry while Remus and Sirius both began to full sprint to you.  You and Lilly screeched as you both began to run to the pub (thing idk?  Too lazy to look up the name).  You both held onto each other for support, attempting to not slip and fall. 

     "MY BEAU-"

     "SIRIUS SHUT UP."  You yelled as you looked behind you to see Sirius on the ground from slipping, and Remus practically behind you.  "WHY DO YOU HAVE SUCH LONG LEGS!!!???"  You shouted as you let go of Lilly and began to run as fast as you could, which was pretty pointless considering the fact Remus has a stride fifty times longer then yours.  Suddenly you felt the ground leave from beneath you.  Flailing your arms, you attempted to not fall over.  As you fell to your doom(totally not exaggerating), you suddenly felt yourself be picked up.  You realized Remus was carrying you as you let out a whoop and shot your hands in the air.  "FAREWELL LOOSERS!"  You yelled, making Remus chuckle.

     "Buttface!"  Lilly shouted as her and Sirius were battling it out.  As you both reached the pub, Remus put you back down, you both laughing.  As you entered the bar, the sweet smell of butter beer filled your senses.  As you and Remus slid into a booth,  you ordered for the table, which was just a bunch of butter beers.

"Geese, how fast can you run?" You questioned, realizing no one else had arrived yet. Remus shrugged, and, as if one que, Lilly quickly rushed in, Sirius right behind her. Lilly jumped into the spot by you and Sirius next to Remus. The both looked at you with wide eyes.

"Who won?" Sirius nearly yelled as he shivered from the cold.

"Lilly." You stated flatly as the butter beers arrived. You took a long sip while staring at him for effect. Sirius huffed as he crossed his arms.

"Come on, Moony. What do you gotta say for this!?" Sirius said while Remus stared wide eyed back at Sirius.

"Don't bring me into this!"

"Too late, already did." Remus sighed as he leaned forward, taking a sip from his own glass. "Gonna have to agree with (Y/N) on this one." Remus made a priceless expression as you saw James enter the the pub, practically frozen. He took a seat besides Sirius and took a long sip of butter beer.

"PRONGS SAVE ME, TELL THE. I WON." Sirius begged. James looked at Sirius then at Lilly. He continued doing do while he kept drinking. As he sat the glass down, he smiled devilishly.

"Evans?" Lilly stared at James with a confused expression.

"...yea?"

"If I vote for you, will you kiss me?"

"No."

"I vote for Lilly." You looked at James like he was an idiot.

"She said no, genius." You commented.

"That's just her weird way of saying yes, I would know, she says it ALL the time to me." An awkward silence filled the air as everyone stared at James.

"You really are dumber then you look." You said as everyone, except James who was pouting, nodded in agreement.
After about thirty minutes, you felt Remus grab your arm. Looking over, you saw him staring at you. "What?" You asked.

"I need to go to the bookstore, James forgot to get me the key for my...monster book...thing." Remus said, attempting to find a name for the strange book creature. You nodded as you finished off the rest of your butter beer.

"Alright, let's go." After squeezing past Lilly to get out, you slipped on your cape again as you and Remus exited the building. As the snow crunched beneath your feet, you grabbed Remus hand, who returned the gesture. As you reached the bookstore, Remus pulled you to the side.

"Actually, I don't need to get the key..." Remus trailed off. You groaned.

"You made me come out in the cold for no reason?! Wait. No. Your a killer. NO I TAKE IT BACK!!!" You fake yelled. You and Remus laughed a bit before you regained your composure. "I guess James isn't a complete idiot." You chuckled, Remus nodded in agreement.

"Actually, I needed to tell you something." Remus said, running his hand through his hair. Butterflies began to grow in your stomach.

"Hmm?" You questioned.

"Well..." Suddenly you heard someone hiss no as a string of mistletoe hit you and Remus on the head. Well, his head first, then it bounced off and hit you in the face. "Not again." You and Remus mumbled in unison.

"Just kiss already!" Sirius yelled. You signed then grabbed Remus hands.

"We broke tradition more then enough times, I say we make up for it." You stated. Remus blushed deeply before he cleared his throat.

"YES!-wait, no.-I mean yes, I'd love to-but only if you want to!" Remus blurted out as you laughed. He blushed more as you leaned in to kiss him. After returning from his little break down, you felt him lean in. Closing your eyes, you felt your lips meet his. You felt him wrap his arms around your waist, pulling you closer. Smiling, you wrapped your arms around his neck. You heard your friends cheer in the background before taking their leave, their job was done. As you broke away, you were both smiling.

"Your a dork." You commented.

"Gee, thanks." Remus chuckled when suddenly a teacher yelled out at you.

"QUIT MAKING OUT AND GET INSIDE, ITS COLD OUT!"

It was awkward. Really awkward.

There ya go kiddies, you sweet little first kiss with the tall dork we've all come to love, Remus! The reason this isn't all tongue and full on make out is because A:) It's Remus. I don't really picture him being that way.....at least not in a first kiss situation ;). B:). As mentioned before, it's a first kiss sooo.