Chapter 4 Isn't it Ironic?

You groaned as you felt something cold poke your face.  You tried to bat it away but it came back again.  Whining, you used all your will power to open your eyes as you saw emerald green ones.  Knowing who it was, you rolled over and sat up, rubbing your eyes as you yawned.  

     "What?" You asked, still groggy.

     "We're gonna be late for History of Magic." Lilly said as you sat up and looked at the clock.  Your eyes widened at the time as you jumped out of bed. 

     "WHY DIDNT YOU WAKE ME UP EARLIER." You yelled as you ran to your chest and grabbed a brush, attempting to brush out the snarls.  Lilly went and grabbed your toothbrush and put toothpaste on it and handed it to you while you brushed your teeth when one hand and used the other to brush your hair.  Running over to the sink, you spat out the toothpaste, washed your mouth and fixed your outfit all in time to run downstairs to class, right before the bell rang.  Taking your seats, you began to write down notes frantically.  The first half of the day was over fairly quickly as lunch came and you found a seat, your legs hurting with bruises lining them.  You grabbed a bunch of sandwiches, hungry from last period, which was in fact study of magical creatures.  

     "Are you okay?"  Molly asked.  

     "Have you ever been attacked by an angry unicorn?" You asked.  They shook their heads and gave you questioning looks.  "Cause Molly's boyfriend stepped on its hoof so when I went next it went all bonkers on me." You said casually taking a bite out of a sandwich.  Molly nearly fell out of her chair whole Arthur looked over at you all, obviously hearing you.   "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT WEASLEY" you shouted, pointing an accusing finger at him doing your best fake angry expression which caused laughter to erupt at that side of the table.  Lilly helped Molly up as you reached over the table to pat Molly on the back.  "See?  I put all the attention on me, not you!"  As Molly dusted herself off,  you saw a certain trio of boys approach your sides of the table as a cocky looking Potter led them.  Leaning over Lilly he looked at you.

     "I don't know why I left poor Lilly flower the other day." James began, "I mean it's not like detention is new to us."  You clapped.

     "Glad to see you actually have a brain.  I wasn't sure, just had to double check."  You said, giving your signature sweet smile.   You then turned your own attention at Lilly.  "This is you fight not mine.  I'm too hungry to help." You said while you stuffed another sandwich in your mouth.  While doing so, you saw a hand swipe your schedule off the table.  Looking up, you saw Sirius holding your schedule.  After smiling in satisfaction, he folded it like a paper airplane before throwing it at your face.  Groaning, you unfolded it.  

     "What was the point of that." You asked trying to get the crease marks out of it.  

     "Nothing." He said while shrugging.  "Just glad to see your chedule matches up with mine." He finished giving you a flirty wink.  You smiled, as you picked up your fork and flung potato salad at his face, him dodging effortlessly.  "Aw, that was perfectly good potato salad!" Sirius said frowning.

     "You hate potato salad." Remus stated who took a seat by James, reading a book on Mythical Creatures.  Sirius shrugged.

     "You obviously know nothing about me!" He said acting like a whiny girlfriend.  Remus barely spared a look at him before shaking his head, a slight smile gracing his lips.  You felt a small blush threatening to appear as the feeling went away as you felt a weight next to you.  Looking over, you saw Sirius has gotten comfortable and slithered an arm around you wait.  You made a disgusted face as you attempted to get out of the boys clutches, which failed miserably.  "You haven't forgotten I'm the Beater, have you?" He questioned.  You groaned.

     "Two things.  A, WERE the beater, you have to earn the spot again this year. And B, everyone's schedules the same!"  You said, obviously annoyed. 

     "Except for electives." Remus added.  You mentally groaned.

     "Actually, she shares muggle studies with us Moony!" Sirius exclaimed.  "So does Lilly."  James broke out of his daze of flirting with Lilly as he looked like he saw a dementor.  "LILLY HAS MUGGLE STUDIES!?  I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE SIGNED UP FOR IT."  He exclaimed.  Ms. Mcgonagall glared at him as he recoiled.  Standing up, you smacked Sirius's arm off of you.  "Well I'm going to go to class early and make sure you two don't get to sit with us."  You said, glaring at Sirius and Remus.  Swinging your legs over the bench, you saluted Lilly as you made your way to Muggle Studies.

     You were one of the only students there as you watched Proffesor Burbage walk around frantically, trying to set up class.  Eventually more students began to poor into the class room as Lilly took a seat by you, and Remus and Sirius sat across the room from you.  Professor Burbage clapped her hands together as she smiled.  

     "Glad to see everyone's here.  Now let's get started.  Muggles, as you all know are unmagical beings.  So, when it comes to cleaning things, instead of using a scouring charm, they use vacuums."  She began as she went into detail  about muggle cleaning devices.  After finishing up the lesson, she handed out packets to everyone.   "Please start working on these.  They will be due on Wednesday. And yes, you can work with a partner."  With that everyone began to work.  Pulling out a quill, you dipped it in ink as you began to answer the first question.  Lilly laughed at how hard you were focusing to answer the question.

     "It just sucks up stuff." Lilly said smiling.

     "But how?!" You questioned, trying to fill out the diagram. 

     "That, I do not know." She said, wearing a disappointed expression as she looked at the ground.  Suddenly, you heard someone shout, 

     "SIRIUS BLACK!"  Looking over you saw Proffesor Burbage pointing angrily at a guilty looking Sirius.  "SWITCH PLACES WITH (f/n) (l/n THIS INSTANT."  Sirius grabbed his stuff and rolled his eyes as he made his way over towards you.  You groaned as Lilly smirked at you.

     "That's for not helping me.  Have fun!"  She giggled as you packed up and walked across the room, making your way over to Remus, who was watching you with emerald green eyes.  Setting your stuff down, you took a seat as you sighed, and layed out your work station again.  Dipping your quill back in the ink you finished the first question, uncomfortable under the gaze of Remus.  You looked over at his paper as it was almost entirely filled out.   Remus slightly smiled at your puzzled face as suddenly your remembered he was a half blood.  You mentally slapped yourself as you looked back at your paper.

     "I can help if you want." He offered as you looked back at him as you nodded.  Great, so much for being one of the smartest students.