(6) Time To Shine.

I use all the will power I have to open my eyes but quickly shut them at the blinding light. The last thing I remember is visiting my grandma in the cemetery and then being hit with something causing me to black out. I sit up from what I've realised to be the cold floor and grip onto the back of my head. Feeling something wet, I bring my hand back forwards to see it covered in a red, shiny liquid. Blood.

"Oh good, you're awake" I stare at the guy in front of me in the eyes with a glare. 

"Come anywhere near me and I swear, I'll kill you" I spit at him. Mandy and Sampson had prepared me for a situation like this. Never show fear, always seem stronger than you are and always get in a hit when you can. Finally, don't hesitate. 

"Feisty" The guys smirks. "I like it" He says as he takes a step towards me. I go to stand up and attack him but someone suddenly comes up behind me and grabs my shoulders, keeping me in place.

"Let go of me" I growl as I try to wriggle out of the man's grip. The man in front of me just chuckles.

"So, let's get down to business shall we?" I give him a questioning look but instead of being told what's about to happen, I'm pushed from behind and told to follow the man. I do as I'm told and finally we reach a small room. It looks like what Mandy described to me as like a questioning room. She said it's where they will try and get information off of you in a calm discussion until a more harsh approach is used.

"What do you want from me?" I question as I'm roughly pushed down onto a cold metal chair. 

"Answers" He says before he places something on the table which is covered by a cloth.

"What's that?" He smirks before removing the cloth and revealing to what I recall be a gun. I've only seen one which was Sampson's. 

"Here's how this is going to work" He starts. "You're going to answer what I want, or you get shot. There's only so many bullets a person can take before they eventually die or bleed out. So make this easy on yourself and comply" I scoff and lean forward in the chair so our faces are close.

"Is that supposed to scare me?" I ask. His face fills with shock before he covers it up with another smirk. 

"Sweetheart, do you have a death wish?" I smirk.

"Do you?" I counter. He gives me a confused look and before anyone can do anything I grab the chair and throw it at him, not caring what kind of damage it does to him. I hear him groan in pain and I see him cradling his head out the corner of my eye. 

I look around, trying to find a door but that doesn't last long since the man who pushed me into the seat starts storming towards me. I prepare myself for him to come and when he does I land a punch straight to his  face causing him to stumble back slightly. After a second he regains himself and comes towards me again. I spin around as hit him as hard as I can with my leg. He falls to the ground and hits his head on the wall behind him. 

I let out a breath before running out of the room and rushing down a hallway of stone walls. I spread out my hands and use the stone as support for myself as I turn corners. I hear someone behind me so I turn around as quickly as possible, and just in time too. However, I'm met with a blow to the face. I hit back instantly and run off before the man has time to recover and get me again. 

I turn another corner until I hit a hard wall. I stop and take a step back only to realise that it was not a wall, but Sampson's chest. I let out a gasp.

"We have to go, now" I say as try to pull him but he stops me.

"No we don't" He says calmly. I give him a questioning look but continue to urge him to run with me.

"She a tough one, Arnold" A voice says. I see the man from before come round the corner and stand there with a smirk on his face. I try to hide behind Sampson but he just laughs.

"You don't need to be scared" Sampson says.

"What the hell is going on?" I gasp. Sampson turns around to face me properly.

"It was a test. What you just went through, it was sort of a...trust exercise" He explains.

"You set me up?" I ask as I begin to get angry. Sampson begins to back away slightly as he can see the rage on my face.

"Be careful, Arnold. She threw a chair at me" The man behind Sampson says. 

"Who even are you?" I question. He smirks and steps forwards.

"How could I be so rude? My names Harvey Matthews" He replies as he takes my hand and kisses it.

"Why did you set me up?" I ask looking back at Sampson as I wipe my hand on my clothes.

"Because I needed to know that I could trust you before I asked you something important" Sampson explains. I give him a wary look.

"You're not going to propose are you?" I ask and Harvey bursts out laughing. We both look at him as he clutches over and holds his stomach. He waves his hand around in our direction and tries to calm down.

"I'm sorry" He apologises, still laughing. He finally regains himself and stands there with a serious look on his face. Bi-polar much?

"Victoria, I wanted to ask you if you wanted to be part of a gang" Sampson asks and my breath catches in my throat.

______________________

I AM SO SORRY IT'S BEEN OVER A MONTH!!

there is 2 reasons as to why I haven't updated:

1. I have had extremely bad writer's block to the point where when I went to write the rest of the chapter, I couldn't think of anything to write.

2. My depression is acting up again.

BUT ANYWAY, I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER.

AND BTW ON THE SIDE IS HARVEY. HE IS SO HOT I STG ;)