(1) Beyond the town.

"You're stupid Mariam! So stupid!" My father shouts at my mother while most probably hitting her. I ignore him though and walk down the stairs to get myself a glass of water. I open the cupboard door and pull out a glass. Just as I'm about to fill it up, my dad comes into the kitchen.

"Hello darling" He says sweetly. I smile at him.

"Hey dad. What did mom do this time?" I ask as my glass fills up.

"She accused me of cheating" He tells me. I turn to him in shock. My dad may have a drinking problem and when he drinks gets abusive but he would never cheat on my mother. Never. Even as messed up as our situation is.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask him. He nods.

"Sure" I take a seat opposite him on the dining table.

"What's beyond the town's border?" I ask. He smirks a little.

"Bad things darling. But they are most exciting" He tells me before getting up and going to bed. I smile a little at the thought of the things that could be over there. I grab the house phone and call my friend.

"Hello?" She answers.

"Piper, come over to my house now" I tell her and hang up the phone. Piper Canning has been my best friend since we were 3 years old. So that has made us friends for 12 years. Yeah, I'm 15.

About 20 minutes later, she arrives at my house with an overnight bag.

"What's going on?" She asks. I grab her hand and pull her up to my room. "Vic?" She questions. I throw some clothes from my closet at her.

"Get changed, we're going out of town" I order her.

________________

"Maybe this wasn't such a good idea" Piper says. I scoff and whack her arm.

"Shush, we're not even out of town yet" I tell her.

"Yeah and the fact I'm scared should indicate that we should go back home" She says as she hugs her cold body. I give her a look making her stop talking. We finally reach the sign that says...

'Now leaving Hashfield'

"Finally" I gasp and walk through the creepy gate that separates Hashfield and Monoras. Monoras is supposed to be quite a dangerous place but who cares? I know I don't.

We walk into the open streets which are illuminated by street lamps and shop lights. Music pounds everywhere and dogs bark loudly. Piper whimpers in fear where as I laugh at her and keep walking.

"You're so lucky I like you" She gasps as she looks around like a lost puppy. I ignore her and gather in my surroundings more. As we walk further into the borders opposing side, the sight of drunk people, night clubs and the smell of old bars gives me a feeling inside. One that makes this place seem more like home than my actual home does. I shake the thought away and continue focusing on what's around me.

"It's magical" I say as I spin around with my arms out.

"Great, are we done because I'd very much like to go home" Piper says. I turn around and scowl at her.

"You should listen to your friend here, this place isn't right for two young ladies like you" A voice says. I look around in confusion until a dark skinned man comes out from the shadows.

"And you would be?" I ask.

"Sampson Arnold. Who are you two pretty ladies?" He asks raising his eyebrow slightly.

"Victoria can we please go-" I cut Piper off.

"I'm Victoria and this is Piper" I say.

"Sisters?" He questions.

"Friends"

"Well, Victoria and Piper, since you don't look like you're going anywhere any time soon how about I give you a tour of the city?" Sampson suggests. Piper turns to me and gives me a look to say that she doesn't want to but I ignore her. She needs to live a little.

"We'd love that" I say with a smile. Sampson smiles back and comes over to me and puts an arm around me.

As we walk around I begin to wonder why I never crossed the border before. I never knew how much of a lively place this truly was.

As kids we would always be told that what lies after the border is not to be talked about by anyone but I don't understand why. So far the people are so friendly and seem to be having such a good time. Why would mom want me to stay in Hashfield?

"So where are you guys from?" Sampson asks as we sit in a 24 hour diner.

"Hashfield" I reply. He hums in response and nods, seeming unimpressed. "What?" I ask with a small laugh.

"It's just" He begins as he puts down his burger. "You're being that typical girl that crosses the border from Hashfield to Monoras and wants to be all bad ass" He says. I just hum and eat one of my fries.

"So have you lived in Monoras your whole life?" Piper asks as she sips from her straw. She finally began to ease up to the idea of being here after about an hour. Sampson nods.

"Yes I have. My parents were born here and I was born here. I've never had the desire to leave" I smile slightly.

"So you're a home town kinda boy?" I ask. He smirks at me slightly before narrowing his eyes teasingly.

"We should probably be going" Piper says. I check the clock on the wall and agree. It was almost sunrise.

"Well, it was a pleasure meeting you two. I hope you come again" Sampson says. I smile.

"I think we'd love to do that, right Piper?" I ask. She nods.

"I was...sceptical... at first but this place isn't half as bad as our parents make it out to be" She admits making me feels a sense of achievement.

We say our goodbyes and me and Piper walk back to my house.

"So, are you glad I forced you to come?" I ask her. She nods sheepishly making my grin. We were now officially bad asses.

We had just successfully went beyond the town...

__________________

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! I was hoping to go slower with this book so you get a real feel for what's happening (IT PROBABLY WON'T HAPPEN BUT OH WELL :'))

Make sure to vote!

I love you all sm!