Chapter One: Weak?

Dedication in this chapter goes to @Cryptic_Eyes because she's just amazing and her NaLu fanfics were the first I ever read. so yeah. thanks a lot!

                                                                                                    =I=

 Lucy screamed as the giant snow vulcan raked her back with its claws. She stumbled forward, feeling warm blood pouring out of her back. 

"Open, Gate of the Golden Bull, Taurus!" She gasped out. she waved her key, but nothing happened. She was out of magic energy. Feeling dizzy, she flopped onto the ground and turned to face the monster. 

"Natsu? Gray? Erza? anybody! help!" she begged, but she was so weak now that her voice barely rose above a whisper. The Vulcan raised its wickedly clawed arm, preparing to strike-

"Fire Dragon Iron Fist!"  roared a familiar voice. Lucy gasped in relief as the Vulcan fell, but scrambled out of the way before it could crush her. 

"Natsu.." she croaked. "Thank the Stars.." He stood before her, fist still alight and anger in his eyes.

"Hey Luce.. sorry I'm late." he said, grinning. Lucy smiled tremulously, but inside , she was shaking, scared, and angry at herself. I'm so weak.. I can't even protect myself...  She thought sadly.

                                                                           -I-

Next Day....

Lucy walked into the guild hall, Plue at her side. She walked over and sat down at the bar.

"Hey Lucy! What can I get you?" Mira asked.

"Chocolate milkshake, please." was all she said. She was still feeling a bit down after her failure on the job the day before.

Mira smiled and went to make the drink.

(Author's Interruption Alert: Okay so I'm like completely freaking  out right now cause I just heard about JK Rowling writing a book about the next generation Potters at hogwarts and I'm soooooo Excited, like, HOLY FLAMING BUTT NUGGETS OF SACRED PTERODACTYLS!!!!! I LOVE YOU JK ROWLING! <333

Author's interruption over)

She brought back my shake and she at, sipping it through the straw and watching the comings and goings of the guild members, coming in, wishing each other good morning, going to the board and choosing a job, heading off... It's no big deal for them.. Lucy thought, They just go and get their moneu.. they're all so strong, and I'm just a weakling.. I'm in the way.. I'm not worthy to be in fairy tail.. Suddenly, she made her decision. She would leave the guild, if only for a few years. She would Train Hard, and then come back, when she was strong and worthy. She might even start another novel about her adventures.

     She went home for the rest of the day. She wrote letters to her guildmates, the ones closest to her. Natsu, Gray, Erza, Wendy, Carla, Happy, Levy, and some others. she then went to the landlady and told her she would be leaving. She wouldn't take any of her things with her, the landlady could dispose of them how she wanted. Donate them to a charity or something. She didn't even want her clothes; she wanted to become a new person, new style, new personality. 

      Then she went to the guild for the last time. She went to the bar.

"Hey Mira, is the Master here?" she asked.

"Yes, he's up in his office I believe." Mira said.

"Thank you." Lucy replied. She went to the office door and knocked.

"come in," said the Master's voice

"Hey Master..." said Lucy.

"What can I do for you, my child?" he asked

"Master... I want to leave the guild." When he looked shocked, she explained "only temporarily! I  want to leave for a few years to train and become stronger, more worthy of being called a Fairy Tail Wizard!" 

"I understand, child" he said slightly sadly. "she held out her hand, and he muttered a spell and removed the mark. "Come back when you're ready."

"can you give these to the people they're addressed to?" She requested, holding out the stack of letters, "And this one is for the whole guild, read it out loud please." She said, smiling sadly. Then she walked out the door, and into the main hall. She smiled around at everyone, then walked out the door, holding her hand high, the hand that used to bear the pink insignia, in Fairy Tail's "Number One" gesture. 

She then set off on a long journey, taking the adventures that came to her.