"As Beta of the Libra pack, I'd like to nominate my pack in contribution to this battle." Kyle's Alpha, Jonty, nods in approval.

"Same for us." Ari, the Alpha of the Scorpio pack raises his hand.

I'm impressed that even two packs would want to help our one. But Landon has a point, if you join us the rogues won't mess with you if we come out victorious.

"You can count our pack in," Daphne, the Luna of the Gemini pack announces.

I was shocked to see that not only two packs were willing to sign up to a death wish willingly, but three. Obviously my brother Landon was expecting more, because he looks a little disappointed, his blue eyes scan the room.

"Monica?" Landon asks in a needy tone, as she sits there, whispering to Marvin. She catches my brothers glance and gives him a small disappointing look, that shows her answer.

"Sorry guys." Marvin shakes his head. I don't blame him either, if I had the biggest pack I wouldn't invest my time into a smaller one. It's strategically painful.

Landon's jaw clenches, and once again silence fills the room. The tension is almost unbearable once Monica and Marvin tell us they don't want to take a part in this. Dexter looks uncomfortable but I brush it off, I'm not hurt by it. As head of military I need to expect these things, expecting the worst and hoping for the best is just my job.

"Well uh, we'll join you." Athena and Zeus say at the same time. I couldn't even help the way that my jaw drops, Athena wants to help us? It must have been Zeus' choice. He must've suggested it. But if she's willing to help us, I'll put it all behind me and hope that Dexter, Landon and Ash can too.

"Thank you to the four packs that have offered their alliance to us. There will be absolutely nothing against the packs that do not wish to help us," Landon looks directly towards Monica and Marvin with his hands up in surrender. "But to everyone that wishes to help, may I ask that you please stay and... consult some things with my siblings and I?"

Everyone seems to nod and pick up their pieces from that. The people that didn't wish to help us slowly stood up and left. I wasn't surprised to see the completely full room be left to four packs and my brothers in the end.

-----------

I've been put in charge of digging into why the rogues are attacking us. It's not going to be easy, or pleasant but hell - maybe if I find out what we did wrong I could fix it before things take a turn for the worse.

I haven't told Ares that I'm in charge of this, I don't even think I've mentioned the war. But I'm going to use his pool of knowledge to my advantage.

I've struck luck because my boyfriend just so happens to know a lot about the rogues. Then again, I don't want him to get carried away and then get himself involved with them. I'll have to do this... quietly.

"How's my girl doing?" Ares busts through my bedroom door holding a box of pizza.

My face lights up and I crack a big smile at him. My boyfriend came over with pizza!

I catch the seductive smell wafting over to my nose, and I know straight away that he's bought pepperoni.

"Well I'm good now!" I laugh, gesturing for him to come closer for a hug. "I missed you." I kiss him on the cheek once he's close to me.

"I missed you too, baby girl."

"So what brings you here?" I ask, patting my bed so he can sit beside me. When he does sit down and opens the pizza box.

"Just wanted to see your pretty face," He winks with a small grin on his face. "And besides, I wanted to buy you pizza because I love you."

His sweet words earn him a kiss on the lips before I sneak a slice of pizza into my hands. He knows me too well.

"Well Mr Ares," I say taking a bite of the delicious pastry smothered in cheese and pepperoni. "I love you too, and I think you deserve everything you want."

He pauses for a second and blushes pink. His eyes are purple when he looks up at me and says;

"It's pretty hard to give me everything I want when I already have you."

It was the cutest cheesiest I've ever heard before and of course it earned him another kiss. I wish I was as sweet as him so I could just smoother him in these kind of adorable things to say, but I'm too uncreative to do that.

"If I had a slice of pizza for every time you made me smile," I begin, attempting to be thoughtful. "I'd have no pieces because I would have eaten them all."

He bursts out laughing and tackles me against the bed. He pushes the box of pizza away and wraps his arms around me.

"I'd rather hear you say cute crappy stuff like that than romantic shit." He whispers, exhaling loudly as his chest begins to sink.

I think about asking him low key about rogue type business, but I'm much to happy enjoying my time in his arms. I'd spend the rest of my life laying down with him if I could, and I'd do anything to guarantee he will be in the rest of my life.

I've struck gold with Ares. He may be half rogue, and he may have some anger management issues but I love him and I want him to know that. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I'd like to say the same about myself for him. I'm smitten and in love with every inch of him.

"Hey, baby?" He asks, interrupting my utmost admiration for him.

"Yeah?"

"I--I just... really want you to know that I care about you more than anyone else. You and I both know that I screw up and it's not easy for me to control my temper, but just.. thank you. Thank you so much for believing in me. I never really believed in that saying 'You find your mate when you need them most', but I needed you. I don't really know where I'm going with this, but thank you, Aurora."

I swear my heart stopped beating, it was so much to process. He just stared at me as the corners of my mouth begin to raise. I feel like I'm melting inside, and he grips my hand tightly.

"That's okay, Ares. I'd do anything for you."

"And I'd do anything for you."

------------
THANKS FOR READING!
vote & comment & share

I'm sorry I didn't update as fast as I usually do! I have a new baby in the family and school starts back up on Monday so I'm gonna go cry :'(

bUT gUYs omg did u watch teen wolf #ThePackIsBack ! ! !

have a good weekend 💕💞💘

@oh_cool