The car was silent for 10 minutes, except for Hayden's mumbles of song lyrics coming from the back seat but Colson dismissed them. Hayden glanced out the window and realised they weren't on the route toward her house. 

"Where are we going?" She squeaked and leaned forward toward Colson. 

"You can't go home like this," Colson explained. 

"Then where are we going?" She asked again as she climbed into the front seat. Turning and facing him, she smiled widely and rocked back and forth on her feet. 

"My hotel. There's no paparazzi and your parents won't be there either." Colson smiled back at her, missing her beautiful smile so much. 

"Yay," Hayden perked drowsily. She dozed off in the passenger seat and Colson admired her. Even asleep she was beautiful. He's missed her so much. Her laugh, her smile, everything about her ran through his mind all day and there was nothing he could do about it. 

Colson's POV 

I hurried to my hotel room and layed Hayden gently on the couch, retrieving a bottle of water when she began to stir and groan. 

"Colson?" She called groggily as she looked up at me. 

"Hey," I smiled a little and handed her the water bottle. 

"No I don't need this," She slurred, dropping the bottle to the ground. I chuckled a little, nodded and lifted it up to her. 

"Yes you do. You're wasted." I stared into her eyes and she did the same, eventually sighing and taking the water bottle from my hands. 

"I can take care of myself.." She hiccuped as I rummaged through the fridge for something to eat. I looked up only to find her standing there, stripped off her dress and heels and wearing one of my large sweaters and a pair of socks. 

"You didn't need to step in when I was talking to that guy." Her voice raised and I stood up, shaking my head. 

"Exactly. 'That guy'! You didn't even know his name, Hayden!" I argued back. She stoof there quietly with her arms crossed over her chest and glaring at me. "What? Did you plan on going home with him? To god knows where!" A tear rolled down her face as she turned on her heels and went to sit on the couch. 

"I wasn't gonna go with him." She whispered and looked down. I walked over to her with my arms crossed and bit down on my tongue, forcing myself to not say what I was thinking. That had already gotten me into trouble once.. 

"And obviously he didn't care if you were going with him or not. He was gonna take you, Hayden." She looked down and hugged herself tighter as I sat beside her, careful to keep my distance. 

It was silent for a few minutes before Hayden spoke up again. 

"You don't have to treat me like a child." I scoffed and rolled my eyes. 

"I'm not treating you like a child." 

"Yes you are!" 

"No I'm not!" 

"Yes you are!" 

"Well I'm sorry that I care!" It slipped from my mouth and I caught myself just as Hayden caught what I said. I looked down and shook my head. 

"Colson," She began.  

"No," I interrupted. "Throughout this entire thing you've acted like you're the only one who's hurt. Well you're not! I've been hurting too and you flirting with other guys doesn't help!" I snapped, shocking myself. She flinched and scooted backwards onto the other end of the couch. 

I instantly wished I could take back what I had just said, but at the same time I didn't. It's been on my mind for weeks and she never gave me the chance to say what I wanted to so - wait, actually she did but I just chose not too. 

We sat there quietly for another 10 minutes before I realised that her water bottle was empty and went to get her another one. 

"I-I'm fine.." She hiccuped a little and wiped her face. "I'm just gonna go to sleep.." She whispered and I nodded, closing the refrigerator. 

"Take the bed.. I'll sleep on the pull out." She nodded and shuffled into the bedroom. I waited a little while until I knew she was sleeping before I went in to go get changed. She looked so peaceful when she was sleep.. So happy.  

After changing into a pair of sweats and a muscle shirt I made my way over to Hayden and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. 

"I love you, Hay.." I whispered before walking out and laying down on the couch.