Chapter 5

I sat up and groaned. It was 12 o'clock. My head is throbbing and I have 35 new notifications on my phone. 12 of them are photo messages, 13 are Twitter updates, none of them from Colson by the way, and the last 10 are about likes on my pictures on Instagram. 

My entire body ached. I decided to take a shower and clean up before my parents found me. After a 15 minute shower and another 10 minutes of brushing away the stench of alcohol, I tied my hair up in a bun and scrolled through the pictures on my phone. 

What the hell? There's smoke everywhere, and flashing lights, but I recognize everyone in the photos. There's me, Colson, Dubo, Gwen, Piper, and Ash. Some other people too, probably more of Colson's friends. 

I keep scrolling. Most of the pictures are of me and Colson, and I'm wearing a Snapback which I figured was his. There's some of us being goofy, and others that he took of me and Gwen and Piper, and others that I took of him and Dubo and Ash. And then there were even a few pictures of us kissing and being romantic. God I hope there was no paparazzi

My computer pinged and I slowly made my way over, a new tweet. I refreshed the page and saw that the tweet was from Colson. 

"Damn, nothing like a girl who can rock a Snapback. #LaceUp" And then there was a picture of him and I, me wearing his Snapback. You could clearly see his face, but not mine. There must have been a flash of light when the picture was taken because I looked like a completely different person. 

It already had 300 more retweets when I refreshed the page again. 

I suddenly got very tired and climbed back into bed, quickly fading into sleep. 

.~.~.~.~. 

"Hey there, sleepyhead." Piper chimed. I groaned and slowly made my way over to her and Gwen and Colson - wait, Colson's here? 

"How long have you guys been awake?" I croaked out as I sat beside Colson in the sand and leaned on his shoulder. 

"I woke up at noon, and then I woke up Gwen, and she tweeted your boyfriend here like crazy until he woke up." Piper smiled. I rolled my eyes. 

"With how romantic you guys were being last night, it sure did seem like you guys were a couple." Gwen added. 

Colson looked down at me with wondering eyes. 

"Just keep your mouths shut, please? My parents don't need to find out anything." They all nodded in agreement. I yawned. I wasn't tired, but I was still waking up and almost fully recovered from my hangover. 

My phone buzzed and I lifted it from my pocket, a text from my Dad. 

"We need to talk." 

I looked up at Colson, worriedly, and he looked back at me. 

.~.~.~.~. 

"What's up Dad?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen and set my bag down in the chair. Both of my parents were glaring at me. I was so confused. I honestly didn't even know what I did. 

He pulled a light tan colored folder from the counter and thick white pages. He extended his hand out and I took them. Uh-oh. It's pictures of me and Colson. From the security camera. 

"Dad I can explain." I began. 

"You can explain? You can explain the fact that you're dating a boy who has way too many tattoos, a horrible reputation, who's too old for you and has no potential in life whatsoever?" He rambled. 

My curled eyebrows turned into raised eyebrows, in shock. 

"He has plenty talent. All of his tattoos mean something and he is gonna go somewhere in life!" My Mom began to interrupt me but I just kept rambling on in defense of Colson.