Brother

Three weeks passed. Mel staid with me each night. In the morning she would leave for work except on the weekends. On Saturdays and Sundays we would stay in bed until one of us decided we were too hungry to stay there any longer. 

Davy stopped by at least twice a week. He said it was to check on me. He would barely speak when he came by. More often than not he would walk in and sit on the edge of my couch staring at the floor. He always seemed to open his mouth to say something, but would close it and leave without a word. If he did talk it would always be about Micky. 

"Man, I miss him. I wish I could have stopped him. There's so many things I'd wished I'd told him! So many things I wish I'd done differently." He would say. 

"I know..." I would always sigh. "me too."

And that is where it would end. He would stay awhile in silence and then just stand and leave in tears. I think the stress of it all was just too overpowering and he needed to talk to someone he knew would understand.

I told Mel about Davy's visits and she listened as she twisted my hair around her finger. 

"What do you think he could be up to?" I asked her. 

"Maybe he's just trying to cope with everything. I mean you boys really haven't gotten together to talk about what happened. You just went your separate ways." Mel reasoned. 

"Maybe you're right." I said before kissing her forehead and turning out the lamp beside my bed. 

The next morning Davy bust into my home dragging Peter behind him. It was a Friday so Mel was at work. 

"Davy?" I said in surprise. 

"We need to talk!" Davy announced. He looked as if he'd ran the whole way from his house to mine. 

I invited the two boys into my living room to sit. 

"What's on your mind?" I asked.

"Ever since Micky...killed himself," The boy's face fell and his voice weakened. "We've just... stopped talking..."

"I know what you mean." Peter said in dismay.

"I just think we need to talk about this." Davy gushed.

"We do." I nodded.

"Come to think of it, none of us have even done anything in his memory! What kind of band are we? We need to do SOMETHING!" Davy said angrily. 

"You're right." I sighed. "What do you think we should do? I mean none of us can handle another album or tour? We aren't a band anymore. What can we do?" 

"I've had a while to think about that. We wrote that song for him. The one we never finished?" Davy recollected.

"The one he got so mad about!" I said in realization.

"We could find it, fix it up, and release it!" Peter said excitedly. 

"Or better yet, we could do a whole concert for him and have that be the last song! Like a surprise!" I spoke fast with a smile. 

"Now we're talking!" Davy smirked.

"When do we do it though?" Peter asked.

"We need time to get the word out, find the record we made, fix it all up..." I listed.

"A month?" Davy asked. "That would make it Micky's birthday." He said quietly.

"It would be tough and a lot of work in such a short time, but I think we could manage." Peter agreed.

"Okay, so March 8th, a tribute concert for Micky!" I smiled. "I'll call Bob." I offered.

"Okay, good." Davy nodded.

"This has been fantastic," Peter said after a moment of silence. "But I have to go, I'll call you guys."

"Okay, Pete!" I said as he stood and left with a smile.

"I gotta go too." Davy sighed.

"Alright. Well I'll call Bob and go see if the record is at the studio." I told him as we walked to my front door. 

"Thanks man!" Davy smiled.

"Thank you!" I hugged my friend and then closed the door after him.

I sat there with my back against the front door and sighed. Euphoria had blossomed within me and I was finally at peace. We were finally doing something. Micky would not pass on in silence.

Sorry if it was crappy and hard to follow. I'm just trying to get to the next chapter. lol