Chapter 8. The Battle of Hogwarts.

I woke up in the hospital wing. "Good you're awake. Come on, we have to get you out of the school" McGonagall said when she saw that I awake. "Leave?! I can't leave!" I told her. I had gotten out of the bed I was in, and was standing in font of her. "You must leave. You are under the age of 17. You are only allowed to stay if you are above 17" she told me.

"I have to stay! Besides, where will you send me? My parents are coming here, they're Death Eaters! You need all the help you can get! If you send me away The Dark Lord will send someone to find me and bring me to him! If you don't want me to stay here then fine! I'll find away to get to my mum and dad and I'll fight them from there!" I yelled.

"You can stay here. But they mustn't know that you're on our side right away, because if they do, you'll be hunted by The Dark Lord and you will be killed. Now go to the Great Hall, I will be there soon. We only have 50 minutes till they come." McGonagall said. I left and headed the Great Hall.

McGonagall gave everyone orders and I was sent with Remus Lupin. He took me and a few other people to the grounds and put everyone in spots. Lupin brought me with him to the towers and I was to go where help was most needed when the battle began. Lupin was very nice, he told me about how he Tonks just had a son named Teddy, he even showed me a photo of Teddy.

It was nice to see that my cousin had fond happiness in such a dark time. And I think the reason why Remus is so nice to me is because he knows what it's like to be a werewolf when you're so young, and feel like you don't belong.

I looked down at the grounds and saw that the Death Eaters had started breaking down our charms. "Good luck" I said to Remus. "You too. Remember that when you go to help someone, you mustn't be seen, not right away." He told me. I nodded.

"There!" Lupin told me, pointing toward the front doors. A 7th year Hufflepuff was lousing a duel, the Death Eater would kill her any second now. I took off running to the tower. When I got there, the Death Eater was about to kill the Hufflepuff. I hid in the corner near the door, the shadows covering me. "Stupefy!" I whispered, the spell and it hit the Death Eater right in the cast. The Hufflepuff looked around, she didn't see me. She ran back into battle.

I continued to save people, no one ever saw me. I decided to go see how Lupin was doing, I was on the steps when I saw a dementor was about to kiss someone. I ran up the lest of the steps and whisper/yelled "Expectopatronum!" A little dog shot out of my wand, my Patronus was a dachshund, it met not look like much. The dog barked, a loud and powerful bark and the dementor, flue away. I made sure the parson was safe then I continued up to the tower. When I got to the tower, I began to cry, "NO!" I yelled and ran over to them. only no sound came out of my mouth. In font of me was Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Lupin (née Tonks) they were lying on the ground dead.

"Well, well. If it isn't Lyra, the most unloyal Death Eater." I looked up and saw Gray-Back. I glared at him. "Did you do this" I growled. "No, you're mother killed you're cousin, as for Lupin, I have no idea who killed him. Wait till you're parents hear about you working against them." Gray-Back said. He started tuning around. I grabbed him and threw him against the tower wall.

"They aren't going to fined out from you! And they killed my real mum and dad." I said as I came closer to him. "I helped kill those muggle's" he said with a nasty smile. "That's it! You've killed to many people Gray-Back! You've ruined so many lives! I'm sending you somewhere you will never be able to hurt anyone again!" I said. I pulled out my wand and pointed it at his face. "You aren't strong enough to kill me" he told me. "Avada Kedavra!" I yelled.

~*~*~*~*~*~time skip~*~*~*~*~*

The Dark Lord is dead. Bellatrix Lestrange is dead. Remus and Tonks Lupin are dead. Fred Wesley is dead. A long with so many others.

I was sitting at the Slytherin table in the Great Hall watching all the people paying they're respects to the deceased. 
"Hey" Draco said siting next me, his mum and dad doing the same. "Hi" I said. "I'm sorry Lyra." He said after while. "Sorry for what?" I asked looking over at him.

"Everything. I'm sorry I was never there to help you when you needed help the most. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you who you're parents were, I knew all along that you were my cousin. I'm sorry that I let you go though all this alone. I'm sorry for everything." He told me.

I signed. "I forgive you." I said turning away from him. "Us too?" Aunt Cissy asked. "Yeah" I told her. "You wanna come live with us?" She asked. "No thanks." I told them. "Where will you go?" Draco asked. "To someone who has Lost too much in the past 4 weeks. Not for long though, just a few weeks.  She's here, I have to go." I said and got up. I walked over to Anderoma (did I spell that right?)  "Lyra? Where are they?" She asked, her eyes red from crying. "Over here" I said sadly.

I took her to Remus and Tonks. Anderoma was holding Teddy and teddy reached for Tonks. "Yes Teddy that's you're mummy and that's you're daddy" I told him. Anderoma started crying. "Want me to take Teddy? So you can say goodbye" I said. She nodded and handed Teddy to me. Poor little guy, he had tears in his eyes.

I looked over to the Slytherin table and saw that Draco and his mum and dad were starring at Anderoma and then at Teddy. Aunt Cissy got up and walked over to me. "Is this Tonks and Remus's  son?" She asked. "Yeah" I told her. "You should make up with her you know." I said as Aunt Cissy took Teddy from my arms. "I don't think she will forgive me. What's his name?" She said and asked for Teddy's name.

"Edward, Teddy for short. And I think you should try talking to her, she lost her husband and now she lost her daughter and son-in-law. She could use a sister." I told her. We didn't talk for a while, just watched Teddy play with Aunt Cissy neckless. "I'll try talking to her." Aunt Cissy said, and she handed me Teddy. I watched with a sad smile as Aunt Cissy and Aunt Anderoma hugged and talked a little. 

I looked toward the Gryffindor table and saw Harry Potter look this way, he saw Teddy and looked at me. I walked over to Harry. "Hey Teddy" Harry said. I guess Remus showed him a photo too, my eyes started to water when I thought about Remus and Tonks.

I handed Teddy to Harry. "You did a good job Lyra." Harry said to me. "I killed someone Harry" I said looking down at the floor. "Grey-Back?" He asked. "How did you know?" I asked him.

"I just knew. And it doesn't make you a bad parson. I killed someone too" he told me. "I have to go" I said. I looked over at my Aunts they were now at the Slytherin table talking with the boys. "Where are you going?" Harry asked. "Home" I answered. And I left the Great Hall.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I hope you're all having a better day then I am. The dachshund that shot out of Lyra's wand, was my grandparents dog Amber, she passed away today, she was 12 years old, I've known her since I was 2. I miss her dearly, I know she lived a long life but it just hard to believe that she's gone. The good thing is, she wasn't in pain. I will aways love and miss you Amber. After all the this time? aways.

Well. Another chapter is done. There will be one more chapter and then this book is done.  Thank you all so much for reading this story, I enjoyed writing it so much!
Remember to vote, comment and follow!

Eat, Sleep and Read On!

Xoxo Caitlyn.