chapter twenty six

Start from the beginning

"Well, I-uh- yes Dan I love you," Phil stammers out, a pinkish tinge staining his cheeks and he looks into Dan's eyes with his blue ones.

"I love you too Phil," Dan says quietly, "you do things which make me wish I didn't - but I do nevertheless."

Phil smiles.

"Well, that's over now Dan. It's finished. So, can we start over?" Phil asks.

"Is that even a question?" Dan asks.

"Well do you have an answer?"

"Yes," Dan says.

"Yes what? Yes you have an answer or yes-" Phil starts to question, but Dan cuts him off my pressing his lips softy against Phil's.

Dan feels a small spark light up inside of his heart. For the few seconds their lips touch, Dan has never felt so alive. When they pull away after only a moment, Dan smiles shyly at Phil.

"It means we can start again."

***

*three weeks later*

phil

"Dan! Where the hell are you?" Phil growls into his phone.

"I'm sorry Phil! My alarm didn't go off!" Dan says frantically through the phone.

"Bullshit, more like your finger hit the snooze button four times too many," Phil grumbles.

"No I- wait, how did you know I hit it four times?" Dan asks.

"Because you're an hour later, the snooze delays your alarm for ten minutes and you always leave twenty minutes to get ready," Phil says.

"Someone's been doing some stalking," Dan mutters.

"Just hurry up and get here already, I've already ordered that many drinks," Phil says, "I think my bladder is going to explode."

"T.M.I Phil," Dan says.

"Just get here," Phil says before hanging up.

Phil sighs, folding his arms over his chest. He's been sitting in this cafe for an hour. Bloody Dan and his lateness. Why does that boy insist on being late every damn time?

"I'm sorry," Dan breathes, sliding into the booth next to Phil ten minutes later.

"You don't look sorry," Phil grumbles, "and why'd you sit beside me instead of opposite?"

"Because you can't kiss me when I'm all the way over on the other side of the table idiot," Dan says with a smirk, "and I'm not sorry, I'm getting revenge for all the stunts you pulled on me."

"Ugh," Phil groans, but doesn't complain any further, knowing that Dan's right.

"So, what should we get to drink?" Dan asks, picking up the menu, his shoulder brushing against Phil's.

"Whatever you want bear," Phil says, leaning over and pecking Dan's cheek, making the younger boy blush pink.

"I know you're being overly affectionate to make me blush," Dan mumbles, hiding his face behind the menu.

"Maybe I am," Phil whispers in his ear, smirking, "I don't see you complaining."

"Well obviously," Dan says with a laugh, "but I'm moving to the other side to order."

"Baby don't leave me," Phil says dramatically, holding onto Dan's shoulders and giving Dan a desperate look.

"I'm sorry Phil, I-I have to," Dan says equally dramatically, standing and holding his hand over his heart before moving to the seat opposite Phil.

"So close yet so far away," Phil sighs as a waitress approaches the table.

"What would you like to order?" She asks, giving them both a smile.

"Uh, I'll have a chocolate milkshake," Dan says.

"I'll get a latte and we'll get chips to share," Phil says and the waitress nods, smiling at the pair before walking off.

"Hey Phil," Dan says.

"What?" Phil asks, looking at Dan expectedly.

"Hello from the other side!" Dan sings with a grin.

"You're such a spork," Phil laughs, shaking his head at Dan.

"Good thing you like sporks," Dan says.

"No, good thing I love them," Phil says with a wide smile.

***

Phil lies with Dan on Dan's bed, his laptop balanced on his legs and Dan's head resting on Phil's shoulder.

Anime plays on the screen, but Phil is only partly watching. He keeps glancing down at Dan, who looks so cute, his brown eyes focused intently on the screen.

In the past weeks following the incident with Shane, Dan and Phil have gotten significantly closer. It's so good now, having nothing to worry about, there's no more danger.

Dan lets out a small sigh and yawns [ omg when I typed yawns I yawned wtf ] sleepily, shifting his head into Phil's lap. He sighs contently and his eyes drift shut, reminding Phil of a little puppy or kitten.

Phil smiles down at Dan, running his fingers absentmindedly through Dan's hair as the anime keeps playing.

For so long he's wanted this, to be safe and happy with Dan, with nothing to worry about. He likes this - having a normal, worry free relationship.

Once the anime episode has finished, Phil shuts off the laptop after looking at the time. 10:57 p.m. - not that late, but Phil is tired nevertheless.

He texts his parents, telling them not to worry because he's at Dan's house before gently replacing his lap with a pillow for Dan's head to rest on. Phil takes off his jeans before slipping under the covers, leaving Dan on top of the duvet - but it's okay because it isn't cold anyway.

Phil sighs happily, lying on his back, his eyes drifting shut. Dan rolls over in his sleep, throwing an arm over Phil's chest and burying his face into Phil's neck.

Phil smiles, cracking his eyes open and glancing at Dan before shutting them again, drifting to sleep with Dan's arms around him.

Phil has never felt so happy.

****************

an// shorter chapter but FLUFF! I thought I'd stop giving you all heart attacks and ripping apart your souls. Let us begin the mending with some fluff.

400 votes and 300 comments for a new chapter!

Thanks so much for over 1K followers omfg! I've finished two books now as well, which is crazy.

Anyway, I hope to update soon! Please check out my new book moods if you haven't already!

Thanks guys ^_^