S

"Cosmos is a Greek word for the order of the universe. It is, in a way, the opposite of Chaos. It implies the deep interconnected of all things. It conveys awe for the intricate and subtle way in which the universe is put together."

- Carl Sagan

* * *

For the first time in a thousand years, her heart skipped a beat.

"Holy shit, Orion," she whispered, wiping her dry tears in sudden consciousness.

"It's better late than never, right? I figured that this would be the only chance that I would let it all out. I admit, I'm stupid. There's no denying that. But I just wanted to tell you before I go, before I piss myself regretting not telling you a damn thing."

All the things that Artemis speculated, all her troubles and assumptions, vanished within those seconds. It was now her time for her face to flush light pink.

Slightly brawny arms were found wrapped around her waist. She tried to pull away at first instinct, but when seconds passed by, she realized that she shouldn't deny herself further. She enjoyed being inside somebody's embrace, it made her feel that someone actually cared.

The usual wall of confidence and self-reliance that she built over the years broke down in an instant at Orion's thoughtful gesture. Or maybe . . . romantic? Artemis' tugged the hair behind her ear at the thought; the blood in her cheeks turning redder than ever, something she never would've thought could happen.

"God damn it, Artemis," she heard him whisper. "I'm resisting myself so fucking much not to kiss you right now."

It was rare for him to swear, but indeed, to Artemis, he did finally show his true feelings. That was what mattered to her.

"Okay," she could only say.

"Was that a yes? 'Cause I've never read The Fault In Our Stars but I know that they extremely overuse the word like it's a drug or something."

"It's overuse but it has a meaning, idiot. It's sort of like their way of saying . . ." Artemis gulped, before murmuring, "Um, I-I love you."

"What was that?"

"Something . . . I 'something' you."

"Please elaborate."

"Oh, you know what I mean." Artemis groaned, whacking Orion's shoulder, the force breaking off the hold around her waist.

Orion chuckled, running a hand through his dew- covered hair. It was as if the tables have turned. Moments before, Artemis was teasing Orion to her own heart's content and now, it was vice versa. It was like a switch of roles. It was endearing for Orion to see Artemis look all flustered about his sudden confession, something he knew that took a while to even get his words as perfect as can be. Orion was openly the weaker one between the two of them (just as he admitted so), but for the first time, seeing him finally take a step and say what's on his mind -- on his heart, it felt good. It felt right.

"Hey, d --"

Orion was cut off when he felt the proximity between them shorten quickly as the girl leaned forward and brushed her soft lips in his cheek with a feathery kiss. It was true and heartfelt, something he never felt with his past relationships. The sensation ended abruptly before Orion could even register what had happened. He touched the area of contact with his own fingertips, blushing profusely.

"It might also have taken me a long time to realize if I actually do. I've been in denial my whole life, I should have probably just let it eat me alive." She chuckled dryly to herself saying this.

"But it feels nice to know that someone appreciates me for being . . . well, me." She paused for a moment before inhaling a deep breath, muttering, " I-I something you, Orion."

He smiled, interlacing his fingers with hers. Like the last finishing puzzle piece, it fitted perfectly. "I something you too, Art."

For once, Artemis felt complete. Like, the night had been specially made by just the two of them. Orion and Artemis. Artemis and Orion. Two sort-of-maybe-more-than friends, in the middle of a beautiful night, staring into oblivion.

She knew that it was going to be difficult. They would meet new people. Form new hopes and new dreams. And maybe, just maybe, fall in love with someone else. But that was all in the future.

What was most important to them was now.

Long distance was never easy, but she knew that they'll find each other again. They both did.

As cheesy as Orion's puns, if they were truly destined for each other, the universe would find a way.

And the thought of being thousands of miles apart . . . suddenly wouldn't matter anymore.

"We'll keep in touch, Art, my goddess. Just like a soldier -- or should I say, a lame Greek warrior -- I'll be back. You're not someone I tend to forget so easily," he commented, wiping away the dry tears that masked away her hidden beauty.

"The same goes for you, huntsman, and my only companion. Believe me, we'll see each other again. Until then, find where you really are at the cosmos."

Orion laughed, his brown eyes gleaming. He gave an obedient salute as he continued to gaze not only at the stars and moon that shimmered up above, but the ethereal light that glowed at the ground he stayed on. The smile that stretched across her face and her most enchanting eyes . . . she was definitely the most beautiful star he had ever seen. He convinced himself that wholeheartedly soon, they'll actually come across in discovering the secrets of the universe that lied within the unfathomable abyss of space.

Soon enough.

"I will," he said, paused, then added, "Whenever I just look at the stars . . . I will always, and I mean always think of you."

* * T H E E N D * *

(that last bit was so cliche, i cant even...i 'something' you all though! thank youuu xx)