Chapter Three

Unknown POV

The girl walked through the forest tapping her stick along the trees. She paused noticing a change in the woods. Taking a few steps back she inspected the trees on that side before stepping to the other side. 

"You're new." She said bending down to feel the ground, "old but new." Looking around she looked for a marker that could mark the boundaries. Not seeing anything, she took her ribbon from out of her hair and wrapped it around a branch on her side of the divide. 

"There, and people say I can't take care of myself." Smiling at her handiwork she looked left, right, up and down before gingerly stepping back over the boundary. Breathing in deeply she smiled. The smell was new, the air felt clean. Not that hers was polluted, it was clean, but this felt new and fresh. 

Hoping that no one would mistake her for a boy she kept walking. This was exciting it wasn't often that new land was discovered, especially in this day and age. Humans and their technology exploited everything new, and used it for themselves. 

"I wonder how long it will be before this lovely spot of land becomes populated. Maybe it already is." She mused to herself, "big brother will know." 

Hearing something fall to the forest floor she immediately stopped. Taking a deep breath she reached down for the pocket knife her brother had given her. Looking around she took in her surroundings. 

"Argh." She heard a sharp yelp followed be an "oomph." Running in the direction of the sound she saw a young  girl groaning on the ground. 

"Bist du verletzt?*" Concerned she walked to the girl and taking her by the hand pulled her to her feet. "Sie haben noch keine Knochenbrüche." 

"E-excuse me?" The girl said with a confused look on her face.

"Oh, you speak English. My name is Liechtenstein, what's yours?" She said placing her knife back in her pocket. 

"Like the country? Oh it's y/n. Nice to meet you." She said holding her hand out to the girl in the green military uniform. "Are you in the army?" 

Looking down at her clothes the blonde girl laughed. "Oh no, this outfit matches my big brothers outfit. He's actually in the military. You really are new aren't you?" 

"What do you mean?" She stopped talking and began looking around frantically. "Did you see anyone else?" 

"No, you're the only one here. Come on, I'm going to take you to my brother. He'll explain everything to you." Stepping back from the girl she noticed that she was starting to freak out.

Your POV

"N-no you don't understand. I was on an airplane with my fiancé, Charlie. My name is f/n." You said hoping for any recognition. "Um, I was in the biopic on "Joan of Arc," "Princess Academy," and "Fight for Hope." Just seeing a confused look on her face. You rubbed your hand through your hair in frustration. 

"Please-please." Your voice broke as you tried to search for words, "I need to find Charlie." Looking at her you pleaded for help.

"I'm so sorry. But, I haven't seen any plane." She paused, "but I know my brother will know what happened. He's very smart. His name is Switzerland." She explained.

"What is with being named after countries?" You blurted before realizing that that may have sounded quite rude. "Hey, I'm sorry that was rude of me."

"That's alright. You're just scared. Come on it's time for you to meet Switzerland." She said motioning for you to follow. 

Looking behind you realized that you really had nothing to lose. You were in the middle of nowhere, probably Idaho. You had no other choice than to follow her or starve to death in the woods. 

"Yeah, yeah I'll come. You don't by chance have pudding do you?" That sounded really good, chocolate pudding, and a good cuddle. Charlie was the best at cuddling. Taking your ring off you played with it as you followed this girl, Liechtenstein, or whoever she was. 

"Are we on a mountain?" You were surprise that you had just asked that. Of course we're on a mountain. 

"Ja. That means 'yes'." Liechtenstein translated. 

"Ich verstand." You said walking past her you breathed in deeply not noticing what you had said. You stopped in surprise to see her standing awestruck. 

"You just spoke German!" She exclaimed. "You learn fast. The sooner we see my brother the better." 

"No I was speaking English..." Trailing off you noticed a difference in your words. "Holy Crap! I was speaking German." 

Liechtenstein giggled as she took a ribbon off a tree branch. "You're funny. Now come on, the house is just this way. Oh you can call me Lili." 

"Well that's certainly easier than Liechtenstein." You laughed as you slipped your engagement ring back on your finger. You immediately stopped feeling a change in the air. Turning around you jumped back to the other side. 

"Did you feel that?" You asked. I must be going crazy. You thought rubbing a hand through your hair. You yelped noticing that it was now dark brown and short. Pulling out your phone you turned the camera on and gave a sigh of relief. At least my eyes didn't change. 

"Are you alright, y/n?" Lili asked concerned. 

"Oh yeah, yeah I'm fine." You said turning your phone off to conserve power, no service. "Yeah, I'm good. Let's go meet this brother of yours."

Walking forward you both stopped hearing a shriek. "Lili! Lili, where are you?" You heard a man shout frantically.

"Over here big brother!" Lili shouted back waving her hand back and forth. "That's Switzerland, he's a little over-protective. But I love him." She said smiling. 

You looked up as a blond man in military uniform ran up to her. Panting he put his arms on her shoulders and began giving her a stern lecture. "You shouldn't run off. Even if there is something exciting, you never know what could be out there. If you do run off take me with you, or let me know." 

You couldn't help but notice the concern in his eyes. He was a good brother; straightening up he turned to look you over. You jumped back when you realized he was holding a gun, that mixed with the fire in his eyes would not be a good combination. You took a deep breath as you saw that he had lowered his gun. Looking in his eyes you saw panic, fear, and disbelief flash back and forth. 

He breathed out clearly not believing what he saw. "Is this a joke?" He slung his gun over his shoulder. "I thought we were done with new ones." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: If you're still reading, thank you so much! You deserve a million pancakes!! If you have any ideas just let me know!! :)