Chapter 2: Blank

(Hanas POV)

I'm covered in blood. My hands are drenched in blood, my shirt and as far as I know my whole body is covered in it. What happened? I can't remember anything that happened. Where's Carl? Brooke? Abby? I panic but I can barely see far enough to the ground when I stand. What's happening to me?

I just sit and wait. That's the best I can do right now. Staring into a blurry nothing. I don't wanna keep my eyes closed and I don't want to keep my eyes open. It's hard to look into a blurry nothing. Suddenly, I hear Carl's voice and my vision starts to clear.
C: Hana?
H: yes
C: you don't remember anything, do you?
H: no, what happened?

As my vision starts to clear I can see all the wreckage and blood around me. Carl was in blood as well. Up to his elbows and around his chest and his face. He helps me to the house. I start gaining my memory back slowly but it's hard.
C: what's the last thing you remember?
H: I was trying to save something and watching some things burn to the ground
I hear Carl start to cry as soon as we get in the house. Of what was left of it. My vision was back to normal now. I see Abby's crib completely drenched in blood.

No. No no no no! I stumble over to her crib. All I see is Abby's tiny body covered in blood. I begin crying, trying to revive her.
C: we can't! She got shot.
H: how!
I get up and look at him
C: this group. Nobody knows who they are but they came in, burned everything to the ground. I told them to shoot me instead but they took Abby's life instead. With smiles on their faces. I heard the gunshot. Her cries were gone, everything was dead silent. I tried to go after them with my gun but by the time i came to, they were gone.

H: why the hell didn't you try to save her!
C: I did!!
H: you just stood there! And you let it happen!
C: you know I tried.
H: no! You just stood there while our child got shot!

I kept repeating it until he came over and hugged me. We both cried for Abby. I can't believe she's really gone. The house was still burning. And falling to the ground. Carl takes his bags he packed for us and helps me out. As I walk I turn back and watch Abby's blood-filled crib be covered in our houses ashes. We were finally out of the gates. We watched the rest crumble to the ground. And I helped Carl walk. He was shot as well.

We kept hearing stuff crumble to the ground as we walked away. My heart ached as if it weren't in my chest anymore. Abby was my everything. I couldn't do anything. I remember leaving the house for Carl to watch Abby while I try to shoot whoever was taking over. Nobody knew. I remember seeing Jessies house burn to the ground as she got her kids out of the house & I remember Rick running with Judith to the gates. Everybody was fleeing. When a guy came up to me from behind with a towel over my nose and I passed out instantly. I still could hear Carl's cries for me.

But suddenly he just left me laying in the grass. And I went under.

*2 hours later*

Me and Carl found a car on the highway and waited for the rest of the group to show. He put his arm around me and we didn't say anything. No cries, nothing. It was just silent. I don't even know if Carl fell asleep. But I didn't. I kept my head on his shoulder. Waiting. I could hear walkers passing by our car, bumping into it but I didn't care if one of them saw me in here. I wanted to die. But I still stayed quiet.