2. Fuck You

Chapter Two

Last night was quite a success. After apologizing to Noah, we decided to go back to the gym where everyone was talking, playing games, getting high, some drinking, and just having fun. Though I felt Grayson's gaze set on me as if he was a predator and I was his prey, it made my heartbeat race whenever we made eye contact.

This didn't go unnoticed by a girl who was trying to latch onto him, but she didn't mention it.

They opened the doors around nine o'clock in the morning since we went in at night in the evening. Relief was not the word when i arrived at my apartment and took a shower.

Everyone was showering at the school. Guys and girls didn't seem to care that they were having sex in the showers, practically asking for us to see, something I'd never be comfortable with doing.

"How was the lock-in? Did you have fun?" My mom asks from behind me as I sat down on the couch to the right of her.

"Well.. Noah told me he still feels the same way about me and that he misses me. Other than that, everything was kind of cool. Sammy, Carina, Danielle, Gabi, and I played games all night with a bunch of other kids. I'm actually glad I went, I bonded with some people." I inform, leaving the part of Grayson out.

She nods her head giving me a smile. "That's good that you had fun baby, but just tell Noah the truth and how you feel. I just want to tell you I'm working tonight so we can't have the girls day we planned. I'm sorry." She frowns. 

I sigh and look out the window. My mom is a doctor. She works overnight shifts most of the time and today was supposed to be her day off. Ever since my dad and her broke up, she's been raising me by herself most of the time.

My dad tries to be consistent in my life as much as he can, but he has four other kids and two step-kids to look after. I roll my eyes at the thought. His step-kids are more important to him than I am.

"It's okay mom," I whisper quietly.

She gives me a small smile and I cuddle into her side, wrapping my arms around her. She kisses the top of my head and wraps her arms around me. We stare at the black television screen and after a few moments, I speak up.

"I want to get a job, you know, to help pay bills or something. I hate sitting here and watching you stress over our next meal mom."

She sighs. "The only thing I need from you is to get good grades. Don't worry about the bills, or the food, or anything I am supposed to take care of. I can handle it."

"No mom," I shake my head, "I already have good grades. Just let me get a job. Please?" I give her my puppy eyes- something I'd always do to wheel her in.

She groans. "Fine, but if I see your grades drop, you're quitting, you got it?"

My lips curve into a smile and I nod ferociously, embracing her into a koala hug as I chant, "Thank you. I love you." for a billion times.

It's been two hours since my mom left for work and the most exciting thing I've done so far on the very fine Saturday afternoon was eat and binge watch Friends.

I laugh as Rachel knocks down the lamp of the apartment after listening in on Monica and Chandler talk about their secret relationship.

"I, uh, just came to borrow this light, for, uh, my books. Yep, for my books!" Rachel laughs nervously, earning a laugh to escape my lips.

"Oh, yeah? Well you see, when I said I was at work, I meant my new job. I, um, clean Chandlers room, yeah." Monica stumbles.

A firm knock is heard through my apartment and I huff, standing up and pausing the television, wrapping my quilt around my body.