chapter 19 ♣ A doppelganger's dream

Frederick's POV

Days later, the face of Sophie kept on disturbing me, every time I closed my eyes, I would see her beautiful face until I saw her one day at the waterfall again. Somehow, I knew she would be there.

"Greetings. We meet here again" I said to her, smiling like an idiot

"Good day your Highness" she had replied smiling back at me and with that, everything just felt so right from that day onwards. We had both fallen in love, had our fairytale, she changed my life and made me happy, I fell fast and I fell hard, really, really hard for her and honestly didn't think I could survive it if she broke my heart. My love for her wasn't the type a teenager had for his girlfriend. My love was really strong and indispensable. She became my reason to wake up every morning, she became my world, she became my everything until the day she left. That was the day her father had suddenly died mysteriously. As soon as they burried him immediately, so as his typhoid could not spread, she packed all her belongings and left the country, leaving me a note.

'Dear Fred, I am so sorry but I cannot stay here any longer and by the time you're reading this letter, I'll be already long gone. I am so sorry. Please don't come looking for me'

With love, S.

I was heartbroken since that day. If she would have come and discussed it with me, I would have left my position as crowned prince and leave with her because I really loved her but no! She didn't do that. She decided to leave, shattering my heart in her wake. Since then, I became a rake to hide my sorrow and broken heart, I became reckless, I enjoyed breaking girls hearts cause mine was broken too and having meaningless sex for the fun of it. This went on for years and I became popular and made a name. People knew me as "THE RAKE" but I didn't mind. I didn't fucking care what anyone taught of me.

One day, my best friend Wayne invited me for a ceremony and in the ceremony, I saw someone I never expected to see again "Sophie"

Enraged and controlled by my emotions, I walked over to her.

"Sophie! What are you doing here?!" I yelled, causing some people to look at me but I didn't care.

Sophie just looked at me, merely confused and shocked

"Sophie! I said why are you here!" I asked again still angry

"Excuse me sir, I'm afraid you have me mistaken for the wrong person. My name is Hazel not Sophie"

And that changed my whole world... But wait! It couldn't be! Sophie was an only child, she didn't have a twin sister or did she? This girl looked exactly like Sophie. She was a dead ringer for Sophie. I asked Wayne who she was just to confirm and he told me that her name was Hazel and she was His cousin, also a royal so it was definitely not Sophie but you couldn't tell the difference! So I stayed, to watch her, stalked her, studied her, observed her for three months and learnt everything I needed to know about Her. It was then I found out that Hazel was nothing like Sophie even though they looked alike. While Sophie was cool and collected, ready to put you in your place, Hazel was free-going and smiled with everyone even if you were practically insulting her to her face. After a while, I started falling in love with Hazel, or should I say, I started falling in love with Sophie all over again, a more renewed and refined specimen of Sophie, a finer and better specimen of Sophie, except this wasn't Sophie, this was Hazel!

I made some advances towards her but she all turned them down, saying she didn't want to get her heart broken because she knew I was a rake, even though I knew she had at least a little infatuation towards me, I mean, who didn't? Tall, rich, sexy and handsome? Phsst! I was quite a catch.

I tried to get her to love me though I never told her that I loved her.....

Yes, yes I know that this chapter is short and that I promised long chapters from now on but what is in the next chapter has to be in a new chapter.

Sneak peek: There will be two other chapters of Wayne and Kate before another Fred and Hazel chapter comes up. As in every two chapters as from now on. Also, the next chapter is going to be from Wayne's POV.

Like I said, every Wednesday but if you can give me 20 votes and 5 comments, I'll update before wenesday. Bye guys, and have a fun week ahead........