Chapter 2: Danger Strikes

The next morning I woke up alone in Nathan’s bed. I looked around the room and saw that Nathan’s clothes from last night were no longer on the floor.  I got up from his bed and slipped my dress over my head and down my body. I walked into the living room and no one was there. I saw that the front door was open. I walked over to it and saw no one in the hall. I ran to go get my shoe’s and slipped them on quickly. I walked down to Jays flat, no one was there. I went to Siva’s, no one was there. I checked Tom and Max’s flat too and they were all empty. I went back to Nathan’s flat and walked into the kitchen confused. I looked around and saw a small, folded slip of paper on the chopping board. I picked it up and unfolded it.

Dear Elizabeth,

I’m sorry if I startled you. The boys and I just went out to get some breakfast for you. We’ll be back soon, I promise.

Love, Nathan. xx

I placed the paper down and heard voices in the hallway. It was Nathan and the boys. I ran over to the door and kicked my heels off before they came in. They held in their hands several bags of McDonalds and trays full of drinks. I helped the boys bring everything in to the kitchen and started to unpack the bags. Nathan came over to me and hugged me from behind.

Nathan: Morning babe (kissing my cheek)! How did you sleep?

Me: Well thanks!

Nathan: Good! I’m sorry if we startled you when you saw no one was here.

Me: It scared me for a moment and then I found your note only minutes before you arrived but, no I’m alright.

Nathan: Good!

He handed me a pack that contained a bagel and then handed me a hash brown and then an apple juice.

Nathan: Go sit down and eat, I’ll clean up.

Me: Ok. Thank you (kissing him on the cheek)!

As I walked over to the couch, Max began to talk to me.

Max: Nathan told me about last night!

Me: What did he tell you?!

Max: He said you two had a play date and he enjoyed every minute of it!

Me: Did he?!

Max: Yeah, he did.

Tom: He also says he wants to marry you!

Me: Is that so?!

Jay: Yeah, he really fancies you!

Nathan: Thanks mates!

Siva: Aw, he’s embarrassed!!

Max: Aw, baby Nath is all grown up!

I chuckled as I watched Max pull Nathan’s cheek and then smile weirdly at him. I unfolded the bagel and saw that it was my favourite bagel, a BLT without the “T” in BLT on a white bagel.

Me: Hey, this is my favourite breakfast item! How’d you know?!

Jay: We ran into your friends at McDonalds and they helped us out.

Me: I see! Well, as teachers would say in class, “Good use of media”!

Everyone laughed and then began to eat. Nathan came over and sat beside me and then when I was done, I leaned back on the couch and Nathan wrapped his arm around me and we sat on the couch.

Tom: So Elizabeth, do you have an interest in Nathan?

Me: What do you mean?!

Max: Do you….. love him?!