Ghost's of blondie's past

AUTHORS NOTE: NOT EDITED AT ALL.

Drearily I looked up at the sky above that was covered in smoky grey clouds that blocked out the light. I tilted my head back and blew my own grey cloud of over the counter cancerous air. I wasn't dead yet so why stop now.

Walking down the street I stopped in front of some store windows filled with upper-class looking clothes. Clothes that only people with money coming out their ears could buy. Looking at them and the people inside buying them I felt a twinge of envy and desire. I wanted to be like them, I wanted to be the assholes who drove around in new cars, and wore classy clothes no one else could afford because it had a brand name on it. Sadly for me, life had dealt me a different hand.

Walking down the street I looked around at the crowds glancing at the people passing by. To me they all looked average, in a way they all looked normal. Except normal wasn't a solid concept, normal was a pretty short street and the roads that you could diverge onto were far more than just a cross roads. No, normal was not something as simple as the way you lived, normal was habit, it was normal for someone like me to live in a rundown apartment building taking heroin, but for others normal was going to the gym, it was having a job. Normal was different for everyone, so everyone in turn was somewhat abnormal.

Shaking my head as if this would shake the thoughts lose from my skull I kept walking until I reached the bus stop. I sat twiddling my thumbs in my hand as I waited for my bus to arrive. An old homeless man came and sat next to me as we both waited. Fuck he smelt bad. I almost considered walking away just when the bus turned up. Thank fucking Christ, I thought. Unfortunately my happy mood dropped as I also realised he was getting on too.

Mentally I groaned, he really smelt like shit. As soon as he sat down you could hear people around him coughing slightly and some moved further away. I almost felt sorry for him, almost.

Mindlessly I stared out of the window, looking outward to the monochromatic streets of Melbourne. The epic tones of grey were oh so riveting and exciting this part of town. Yawning I rested my head against the side of the bus. Sleep was tempting but sleeping on public transport was always the stupidest idea.

A sudden Ding sound came from my jacket pocket bringing me out of my sleepless daze. Pulling out my ancient Nokia brick I checked my messages finding an all caps message from my 'friend'.

Yana: LISTEN HERE YOU STUPID SLUT IF I EVER SEE YOUR FUCKING FUCKED UP WHITE FACE AGAIN I WILL MAKE IT LOOK YOU GOT BOTCHED ASS SURGERY MOTHERFUCKER. DO NOT TALK TO MY BOYFRIEND AGAINNNNN!!!

Love you too Yana, I replied in my mind. Yana was really a piece of work. Yesterday she claimed to be my one true friend and the next she's screaming at me for every other reason than a logical one. Typical Yana. In the beginning we would fight until the point of throwing punches into the others face. I hated her, and I still fucking do. Unfortunately she was my hook up to all the best stuff around town and my cousin's girlfriend. So one way or another we ended up 'making up' in order to keep the other around.

By the time the bus reached my stop the sun was setting below the cascading buildings. Straight across the road from the bus stop people were loitering around kicking cans and cussing with everything they had. I hesitated to leave the bus, if I was lucky they wouldn't pay me any attention, but if I wasn't this could be really fucking bad.

Flight mode kicked in and as soon as I stepped off that bus I made my way as fast as my tiny legs could take me without actually running.

"HEY BLONDIE WHERE YOU GOIN' HONEY!"

I heard one of them yell. Fuck it I thought and I ran for my life. They might have been completely harmless, I could've been fine. But after what had happened before trusting other people wasn't exactly my forte.