Chapter 3 Part 2.

Start from the beginning

"Hey I think I see my parents, talking with your parents." Lily said I turned my head and luckly I saw them. "Whatever you do, don't tell my parents I have a job offering. Ok?" I told Lily. "Ok, but your going to have to tell them soon, Right?" Lily said looking at me unsurely. "Yeah whatever." I said back

We walked up to our parents. Lily got a hug and a kiss on the cheek by her parents.

I tapped my parents on the shoulder and they turned around and shook my hand, and gave me  a cheek to cheek thing. I was a little disappointed, I thought they would give me a big tight hug or something. And all I got was a damn hand shake. I excused myself into the bathroom.

I made my way to the bathroom. When a hand got a hold of my wrist. It was Mr. Alexander he was looking at me while I was looking at the floor. "Are you ready to talk?" He asked. I looked up at him his expression softened "Are you ok Ms. Jameson?"  Mr. Alexander asked. "Yeah I'm fine I'll be right back, I'm going to the ladies room." I said.

I made my way to the ladies room, and made sure no one was in the bathroom. I stood in front of the mirror thinking. Why did my parents have me? Why don't they love me? They didn't even hug me. Am I a failure to them? Do they despise me? Are they going to kill me?

I cried a little before I went into one of the stalls and did my business. I walked out and I saw that my face was perfectly normal. I guess my make-up is amazing today. I cleaned myself up and pulled myself together. I quickly unzipped my graduation gown, and then I left to where Mr. Alexander was.

"Hello Mr. Alexander. You wanted to talk?" I asked while trying to speak as formal as I can. "Ahh yes, and may I say you look quite lovely." Mr. Alexander said. "Thank you" I said while looking down to hide my blush. "Well I have been meaning to ask you if we can discuss this maybe at your table?" He asked. I started to panic. I don't want to tell them I have a job. But wait, if I tell them then they wont think I'm a failure. "Sure we wouldn't mind." I said sheepishly. "Alright lets go. Lead the way." He said with a grin, shining his pearly whites. I nodded and took him to the table where my family and Lily's family were.

"Here we are, this is my mom Sharon Jameson, and this is my dad David Jameson, And they are my friends parents." I said. "May I ask who he is?" My dad said. I was about to answer but Mr. Alexander said "Well I am the CEO of Emporio Armani and I have offered your daughter a job there. As my personal assistant and what not." He said. My parents mouths were practically on the floor when he finished the sentence. Did they really not believe in me anymore? My dad practically pulled himself together and said "That would be lovely for my daughter to finally do something for herself." emphasizing the finally.

I was shocked by his statement. I felt useless at that moment. I feel like I'm screaming in the middle of a crowded room and no one seems to notice me. I Also feel embarrassed since Mr. Alexander was there. Was I really a waste of space? I feel used, I feel sad, but most of all I feel hate towards my parents. I didn't owe my parents anything. it was their choice to have, keep, and raise me but it wasn't my choice to be their child. They should accept their child as they are not judge them on a minor detail that doesn't affect their life.

"Hey are you okay?" Lily whispered me in the ear. "Yea I'm fine." giving her a quick smile. "Are you sure?" Lily asked. "Yea." I said.

"If you may all please take a seat. your food will be served shortly." I voice said. On cue everyone took a seat. I took a seat next to Lily and next to Mr. Alexander.

All I knew right now is that this was going to be one hell of an awkward dinner.

Ten minutes into dinner the tension from earlier when my dad said 'That would be lovely for my daughter to finally do something for herself.' many people wouldn't stress about that. But I was sad. I kept replaying in my head.