Nine

"Lookin' in the mirror like I wish I can be me"

Seven years earlier

Justin

Tightening the silk black tie around my neck, I smile. For a recovering eighteen-year-old cocaine addict, I looked poised today.

Today was the day I meet the people who will help drag me out of this hell hole I've been stuck in. Uncle Mike was my saviour. After I watched my dad be whisked away by officers to jail for God knows how long, I panicked. Being a hit-man became too much of a risk for me. I could not let jail happen to me.

Uncle Mike has given me the opportunity to be able to run two buildings here in Toronto. It was a busy city, and many people needed our services. Some people, including my good for nothing sister, thought it would be hard for me to work in Uncle Mike's drug company, considering cocaine was the thing I was trying to get away from. It wouldn't, I'm not stupid enough to let drugs get to me ever again. I would make my mom proud in this company.

I leave the house and slip into my black LaFerrari. Being a hit-man did come with all the glamour. A shit-load of money, nice cars, beautiful girls, all of the perks a boy wants.

But I was eighteen now, I had to grow up. This business was the exact place I was going to transform into a man.

I arrived at the large building, looking at the men and women standing around outside. All the men wore cheap suits, attempting to look professional but failing on their middle-class salary. I glance down at my Gucci suit, this was sure to impress them.

I step out of my car, and immediately all eyes are on me. I didn't mind, they can stare all they want. I was about to become every single person here's boss.

As I walk into the building, I spot Uncle Mike chatting to a man a bit younger than him. I walk over, smiling at Uncle Mike. He grins back excitedly, "Justin!" He hugs me tight and I return it. "Justin, this is one of my good friends from high-school, he will be working at your buildings. He's a brilliant worker." Uncle Mike compliments and the man beside him looks proud.

He extends his hand, "Darrell," he looks nervous, causing me to smirk.

"Justin Bieber," I shake his hand hard before retreating it to my side.

"Daddy!" A girl calls from the benches and I frown in confusion. Why on earth was a little girl here? I was about to get angry, before Darrell spoke up.

"I'm so sorry, I had to bring my daughter with me today because my wife is working a double shift at the hospital and her baby-sitter can't work until three. She's usually very quiet, do you mind if I go see what's wrong?" He is about to step away but I stop him.

"I'll go, she needs to understand the rules of the building if she ever comes in again." I give Darrell and Uncle Mike a fake smile, but on the inside I'm fuming. A little girl? How unprofessional!

I walk towards the girl at an alarmingly fast pace. I'm finally standing in front of her, and she looks up. She's not very old, probably about ten, I guess. "You can't be screaming for your dad in the middle of this building, do you understand me?" I use my warning voice, but the girl only giggles.

"I'm Allison, but you can call me Alla or Ali!" She extends her hand and I look down at it.

"Did you hear what I just said?" I growl, I hated brats.

"Of course I did! I have ears!" She laughs again and I grind my teeth together. "What's your name?" She looks straight into my eyes and I sigh. Her big turquoise eyes look confused and excited, she had no idea what kind of power I held over her.