Ten

"Wrist so icy, wonder why she like me, bitch I'm drownin'"

Allison

My mouth hangs open, embarrassment and shock coursing through my veins. I feel my skin turn hot as Justin sits still in front of me, awaiting my answer.

"Well," I clear my throat and say one word, but after that, I stop talking again. I had no real idea what to say. Sorry for invading your privacy even though you specifically told me not to? Sorry for not telling you because I thought I was a super genius and found the camera? Why wasn't I smart enough to know you'd have more than one camera in your office?

Justin sighs and stand up. I wipe my sweaty hands on the back of my jeans as he stands tall in front of me. His intimidating figure towers over me and I flinch as he raises his hand. I close my eyes but all I can feel is the draft air conditioning swirling around the atmosphere. I open my eyes to see Justin frowning. "I wasn't going to hit you - I would never hit you." He shakes his head, his eye brows creating two creases on his glabella. "I may be angry, but I'm not a monster."

I remain silent again, even more embarrassment pulsing through me.

He raises his hand again, but presses two fingers against my neck, right where my pulse is beating at lightning speed. "Hm," he hums, "my princess knows she did something wrong, doesn't she?" I swallow thickly and he chuckles. His index finger travels up to lightly trace against my jaw, and then to tilt my chin up to meet his eyes. "Why did you go through my private things?" He enhances the word private, further pushing how wrong my actions were.

"I was just curious." This was the first thought that fell out of my mouth, so I decided to see where it took me. "You left me all alone and I was just - I was bored."

His expression changes from annoyed to surprised, "Bored?" He questions, "And your boredom triggered you to go sifting through my things?"

"They are unlocked," I blurted but immediately regretted it. Of course they weren't unlocked and of course he had the footage of me using my bobby pin to unlock them.

I press my lips together and Justin snorts. "I can tell that you realize how fucking stupid that was, so I'm not even going to bother." He glances down at his golden Rolex, as if he was bored of the conversation. His sense of anger is almost all gone, yet my knees still shake once he looks back down at me. "However, I do admit that your tactics of finding my camera was intelligent." He walks over to the computer to rewind to the scene of me on the ground crawling towards the camera. "I have five cameras in here - well, now four - so next time make sure to find all of them." He laughs and clicks the small red x on the screen to close the video.

"I'm sorry," I say quietly, giving him puppy dog eyes. Hey, I needed all the help I could get. His eyes bore into mine, and suddenly he motions me to come to behind the desk. I walk as slow as possible, standing beside him as our bodies form a t-shape, he remains staring at the computer screen.

"What do you know?" He questions, unbuttoning his suit as he sits in the tall leather chair. My mind swirls with words, hitman, cocaine, jail, drug business.

"Nothing I didn't already know," I lie through my teeth.

His lips swish from side to side, contemplating my answer. "You're not a very good liar." He finally responds.

'I'm not lying." I attempt to stand up for myself but he only shakes his head.

"Look, Allison, just tell me what you saw, then this can all go away." He tries to negotiate with me. I look away from him, should I just tell him which letter I found, but nothing more?