You Had Me At Hello

Vegeta and I were weird yesterday... what was I doing? What is this feeling? Why do I have feelings for him? I am questioning myself so much... Vegeta found me at Goku's, sparring with Gohan.

"Katarina, can we talk for a second?" Vegeta said, as he eyed me.

"Sure, Gohan, get to your homework, ok?" I said, then Gohan nodded and went inside. I sat on the tree branch that Vegeta was at, he looked at me like he hasn't seen me in forever.

"What do you want,Vegeta?" I asked, starting a conversation that might turn awkward in seconds...

"Well... I have been thinking about what happened yesterday, the whole, kissing thing..." Vegeta said, as I was like oh my goodness, it is going to turn into the most awkward conversation ever...
"And?..." I said, hoping he will eventually complete the thought.

"I want to do this thing that the humans call 'Dating'..."

Once he said that, I thought I was going to pass out.

He wanted to take me out?!

What?!

The tough Saiyan Prince wants to date me?!

"I asked Bulma about you and me and she suggested it... I thought it was a good idea... I guess." Vegeta kept speaking. My face was as red as a cherry and I knew it. Vegeta wanted to date me!

"I'll go on a date with you, Vegeta. It will a good way to know each other." I said, then smiled at him.

It's not like him at all to be like this... but it's nice to have a guy to actually give me the time a day, the right way.

Vegeta and I flew to the forest, a place where the Z-Fighters and I go for the Ultimate Guys Week every year. See, we started that tradition when we were little, back when we first were learning from Master Roshi. Then it became even more of a tradition as years went on.

When Goku and Chi-Chi were first married, the guys and I would have the guys week and Chi-Chi and Bulma would do on a week long vacation. I was like one of the guys, never treated like a girl.

One, I could kick their butts if I wanted to, and two, I was the one that organizes it so, if I wasn't around there would never be a guys week.

As Vegeta and I neared the forest, I spotted so many things that brought me memories of those guys weeks.

There was the tree that we would hang our own tournament board, and the tree Goku knocked down with his head one time... glad my brother's head is as hard as cement...and then there was the tree I would climb to watch the sunset after every night of the guys week.

We landed at the camping area, there was still a fire pit, a few fishing poles and still nails on the "Tournament tree". I had a picnic dinner for us, a lovely spread of food that I prepared earlier. Vegeta sat down, and the I sat down right next to him after I set everything out.

"Well, let's start to get to know each other... Vegeta? Do you want to go first." I asked which then I got an eye roll and then I just started to talk about myself...

I was raised by Grandpa Gohan, with my twin brother Goku by my side. After the longest time we started to get to be better fighters.

Our tails were cut off, and we lived our lives without those tails. Then when I got older, I realized I had the opportunity to learn real magic. That really made me open up to do many things... especially about that golden locket. I always wondered what that boy was in my locket. And now I know it's you.
You are so innocent, you didn't know right from wrong back then. I know you have a better side of you that you never show anyone. You are so scared to let it show... you feel like you need that hard exterior just to show that feelings don't burden you as it does the rest of us. Your sudden bursts of emotion are different, awkward even, but I know you want to show me the side you never want to show anyone else. I would be the only one to accept it in your mind... Vegeta, I really do love you, I am not afraid of you anymore. You showed me in your own way you love me back. Even if it is out of your true nature...

Vegeta sat there, stared at the sunset. He looked at me, I knew I found his weak spot. The words "I Love You" made his guard drop, and his heart open for me. I looked at him, he really was trying to show his compassion, but he didn't know how...

"Has anyone said 'I love you' to you before?" I asked the ice breaking question. He shook his head no and leaned in for a kiss. I felt like I did accomplish something, I finally found my prince.