Kise Ryõta vs. Haizaki Shõgõ | Winner part 2

2 years later (or whatever... All in high school now.)

Haizaki groaned and scratched his nose for the 4th time. After a few seconds, his nose began to itch again. "Oi, stop that." He warned, voice coated with sleep and tireness.

You giggled, continuing to poke his nostrils with pieces of your long hair. "Wake up, Haizaki-kun. You need to go home, it's getting late."

He groaned, scratching his nose for the last time before finally lifting up his head from your bed with a glare directed towards you. "Evil." He mumbled.

"You can't sleep here." You noted, smiling as he scoff. "The nurses will come by any minute and throw you out the hospital again."

He stretched from his seat, yawning, then looked at the time. 9:07pm. Too late indeed. Damn he slept that long.
"I'll be going then." He said standing up. "Did you pee already?"

You blushed and threw some crackers you were eating to his face. "Don't ask such question. I'll just ask the nurse to help me later. Or when mom gets back here from the cafeteria."

"Ok." He nodded, and looked around. You didn't know it, but Haizaki was looking for reasons to stay a little longer. He was reluctant to leave you, he always was, and always will be. He feared someone will take you away, or something bad will happen. The last time he did leave, you ended up here at the hospital.

Well, it was an accident anyway. It was your school's general cleaning day. And Haizaki, being a lazy stubborn idiot that he is, ditched his class in which you were a part of. The extended window rooves needed cleaning, so you volunteered. When you were finally at the top, you slipped of the high ladder and ended up smashing your right heel bone to an elevated concrete.

It's been 2 weeks since that happened and the doctor won't be releasing you for one more week. During the first week, you were always in pain despite just lying down. And Haizaki couldn't help but blame himself. He may not be showing it, but deep down, he was beating himself up for it.

"I'm going then." He said again but stopped and turned around to look at you again. "You need anything else before I leave?"

"Go away now Haizaki! You need to sleep early for tomorrow's game!" You screamed. "Winter cup remember?"

He smirked, remembering something. "Oh yeah. Ok. Bye. Call me if you need anything. Oh, and I'll be visitting late tomorrow."

"Hai." You mocked and stuck out a tongue at him. He just chuckled and left.

Tomorrow huh? He looked back one last time at you before closing the door. A game against Kaijõ High.

He didn't tell you about it, about facing Kise Ryõta tomorrow. He couldn't. Wayback in Teikõ, after he was ejected from the team, one mention about Kise even by your friend made your eyes hallow and empty. He didn't like the fact that you were still affected by Kise, that you still like him.

He never knew though how you ended your friendship with the copy cat. He never knew you how hurt you were when you hurt Kise. He didn't want to know anyway. As long as you stayed by his side, that was enough for him.

From then on, he would pull you away whenever the topic your friends talk about has something to do with Kise. It was unavoidable though, but he tried with all his might. He wanted to erase Kise from your surrounding, from your memory.

And he will be more tham willing to put down any other guy who plans on taking you away. Despite having not change at all from his usual habits of skipping classes and practices and hitting on different girls, he was still more than in love with you.