16

Nakiyah

It's been 3 months since Julius has been in a coma. The doctors kept telling me to take him off life support but I refused.

I been praying and hoping that he wakes up soon because the doctors said its all Julius's choice now , they can't do anything about to help and pretty soon there gonna have to cut the plug.

I walked into his hospital room and after cleaning him up I sat in the chair next to his bed.

"It's me baby" I said pecking his lips then ran my hand through his curls.

"On my way over here I started thinking about when we first confessed our feelings for each other when we were younger" I smiled playing with his fingers.

I walked out of my foster home, squinting my eyes from the son. It was a hot summer day and everybody in the neighborhood was outside.

I walked down to the park were I sold product. As I approached the park I seen my best friend Julius already standing there.

"Just us out here today" I asked walking up to him.

"Yeah" He answered dryly.

"What's wrong" I asked glancing over at him as I dapped one of my daily customers trading the weed with him for the money.

"I don't wanna talk about right now" He sighed.

After a few hours one of the older boys walked over to us. "Y'all can leave , go and be kids on this nice day" Wayne smiled.

"You sure" I asked looking at Julius then back at him.

"Yeah I'm sure, y'all only 14 you don't need to be out here any way, I got y'all"

"Thank you" I smiled giving him a side hug.

"Thanks man" Julius dapped him up.

"No problem"

Julius and I walked away from the park to no were particular.

"Wanna go talk about it now" I asked him.

"It's really not a big deal" He shrugged "But we can go to my house, my ma not there"

I nodded, we walked to his house that was only a few blocks down and went up to his bedroom.

I kicked my shoes off then flopped down on the bed. He pulled his shirt off  sitting next to me.

"It's hot as hell outside" He huffed.

"It's hot in here to" I said turning the fan on. "So tell me what's going on"

"Man" He sighed running his hands over his face "I'm just tired of all this bull shit, My ma started back on them drugs again"

I nodded my head in understanding, I know that Julius isn't a soft nigga at all but when it comes to a situation with his loved ones it always gets the best of him.

"I understand what your saying , but you can't keep beating your self up because of that it's not your fault" I said looking at the side of his face as he looked down.

"I know but I feel like I have nobody here for me besides Pookie"

"You have me, I'm here for you" I slightly smiled.