"I know, I know." I pull my shirt down, pulling my blanket over me. I suddenly feel like a tourist in my own body...

"He just wanted you so bad, baby girl. I tried to fight it off, but it was so hard." He turns to me, his eyes in fear. "I would never hurt you like that. I would never break your trust like that. Ever."

He digs for my hand beneath the bed sheets, looking into my eyes with a sad story. I wasn't mad at him. It wasn't that I wasn't ready either. It never felt right when his rogue came out, I felt like a prisoner.

Ares and I both have this bond over intimacy. It's like we've known each other for a thousand years because there's no boundaries between us, we're not scared to take it all the way.

"And if you ever don't want to do anything, just tell me. I won't let Nike take over again, I just let him slip, baby. I'm so sorry." He brushes a strand of my hair from my face, tucking it behind my ear.

"It's not like that.... I'd tell you if I didn't want to, which I was, it was just... I don't feel safe around your wolf. "

He sighs, wrapping his heavy arm around you. "No one does, not even me. I need to learn how to control it..."

Ares is my best friend, and lately I haven't been seeing a lot of him. His wolf was probably craving mine.

"In time," I tell him. "Just wait." 

He pulls me close, sliding under the covers with me. He comforts me, makes me feel warm. I start picking up again, it was just his wolf, I remind myself.

"What did you do today?" I ask him, trying to start a conversation. He holds my hand and joins our fingers together. I didn't want to think about what just happened. 

"I've had so much homework, you know?" I raise my eyebrow. The tone of his voice is very defensive and uneasy, he's also been very different lately. Why does it always feel like he's lying to me?

"You seem to have a lot of homework..." I mumble, but he heard me. Werewolves hear everything.

"What, don't you believe me?" He sits up, and I have to change position. I lay down on my stomach, my arms propped up to hold my face as I talk to Ares.

"Well, I don't know. You've been acting really weird lately, you must be up to something other than 'homework'."

I can tell that he doesn't like talking about this topic by how his body language is. He's fiddling with his fingers and he keeps looking around, never giving me eye contact for too long.

"Why would I lie to you, Aurora?" His voice is deep and he talks to me seriously. He even says my name. 

"I don't know, Ares. Maybe because you're hiding something you don't want to tell me? Kyle notices it too."

He gives me eye contact this time, and his eyes aren't green anymore. They're not even blue. Just a plain, lifeless black. I searched for a type of emotion, but couldn't find anything. 

"You think I'm with the rogues, don't you?" He tilts his head to right, giving me an angry smile. I don't say anything, because I'm not even sure what he's up to. I just stare at him as his mood completely shifts into passive aggression. "I made a promise. I can't believe you'd think that I'd do that to you!"

He rummages around my bed for his shirt and puts it back on. He does his belt and reaches for his coat, looking like he's about to leave.

I feel really bad for making him feel like this, so I do my best to try and calm him down, and not argue with him.