Ch.5

We drove to the closest mall in Kai's car. Music blasted on the radio as it usually did. The boys talked animatedly above the music. I just listened in on their conversation. 

"No, sweet chili Doritos are the best," Kai said. Eli scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, if you like burning your mouth off. Cool ranch is clearly superior," Eli countered. I chuckled to myself but neither seemed to notice.

"Just because I'm not a pussy and can take a little heat, doesn't mean that my choice is inferior," Kai said. Wow, who knew he could sound so smart in an argument about chips.

"Sweet chili is better in my opinion," I added in. Eli let out a dramatic gasp as if it was a crime to go against his opinion. 

"Wow, I'm offended Carly, I thought you were cool," He said. I rolled my eyes at him and chuckled. I stayed quiet for the rest of the ride and they continued on bickering before setting on nacho cheese as the best flavor. Sweet chili all the way for me though.

After a few minutes, we arrived at the mall. I got out and stretched. I looked around and inhaled. The scents were a mix of everything. It was humans, werewolves, vampires, and more scents which I couldn't really identify.  The two other boys exited the car and I walked around to their side.

"Okay, time to go find some clothes and then the dress," I said smiling. The boys looked at each other in worry. Geez, is shopping with me that bad?

"I thought we were here only for the dress?" Kai said in a questionable tone. I rolled my eyes.

"Name one person who comes to the mall and only gets one thing from it," I said, propping my hand on my hip. These two boys really don't understand what it means to be my friends/slaves. How sad. Kai sighed and then slung an arm around my shoulder. I rose an eyebrow and looked at him. This, I would expect from Eli but it seemed so strange from Kai. Not that I minded all too much though.

"There's territory issues around here. we don't want any other pack thinking you're rouge to come after you y'know?" Eli explained. Kai nodded and smiled at me.

"we need to get paint and paintballs too, don't forget Eli," Kai said. I rose my eyebrow once more. These boys were strange.

"Why on Earth do you guys need those two things?" I asked. They exchanged glances and only chuckled. 

"Don't worry about it pup, you'll find out soon enough," Eli said patting my head. I glared at him and he chuckled again. The three of us then walked towards the mall. I could see people all looking at me. Hm, is it the fact I'm a lone wolf or the fact that I'm with two cute guys? Was it even me these people were looking at? I shook my head a bit, I overthink these things. There was literally no need to do that. I sighed quietly and walked into the mall with the two idiots. They were in for a big surprise when it came to my shopping habits.

**

**

**

The boys were both carrying my shopping bags after that. Eli had four, two on each arm, and Kai had five. I smiled at them and kept walking.

"Oh! How about this store?" I asked them, standing in front of Victoria's secret. The boys both groaned.

"As much as I love that idea, we can't stay here all day and we do need to get the paintballs and the paint," Kai said, standing up straight and looking at me. I sighed and nodded. I couldn't disobey him like that. Even though we were friends, he was still my delta and I had to listen to him, especially when he used his voice. Kai smiled and started leading the way. I followed after him, along with Eli. The three of us walked down the stairs and soon we were in front of a store called "Painted walls." I looked at it and it seemed like a cool enough store. We walked in and the second we walked in, the scent of paint and just muskiness filled my nostrils. I blinked a few times before adjusting to the smell. I looked around as we stepped further into the store. To one side of the store, it was awfully catering to the paintball fanatics. There were paintball guns hanging on racks in a locked case. Then there were aisles with gear. To another wall, there were packets of paintballs hanging on racks, separating them both by size and color.