Ch.4

I had gone by most of the day and now, lunchtime! I have been waiting for this all day. What? I can't help myself, I'm in a committed relationship with food and my stomach. It's oh so serious. Besides the point, I walked to the cafeteria, with some help of a few strangers, and took a deep breath. I wonder what things await me in here. Right as I reached the door, Kai and Eli were at my sides. How wonderful.

"Didn't miss us too much did you munchkin?" Eli said with a playful smirk. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Don't embarrass me in there Eli, I do need to make friends," I said patting his shoulder. Kai let out a small laugh at my action. I bet no one had tried to talk to the beta like this before me. Yay, I'm original. Eli sighed and put an arm around my shoulder and walked into the lunch room.

"Because of that I am most definitely embarrassing you," He whispered in my ear. Oh great, this is what I get for back talking the beta huh?

...

The school day soon ended and a lot happened. Kai now knew my little secret and I have a new nickname: pup. Grand, isn't it? Ugh, it got annoying. Those two really did a good job at embarrassing me. However, I knew that after our little sing-a-long in the car we would be great friends. These two could really be my best friends. It was like a match made in heaven, that we all met. I'm actually happy I was able to be friends with them and not just because they were the beta and delta of the pack that I just joined. Ew, I'm being sappy now. At the moment, I was in my room. I had changed from the clothes I wore during school and am wearing sweatpants along with a loose cropped tee. I wasn't planning on moving from here at all. That is until I heard a shout of my name. I groaned and got up, putting on slides before leaving the room. I walked downstairs to see Kai and Eli wrestling on the couch while Braxton just watched. What were these idiots doing?

"Oh, Carly! There you are," Braxton said going to me. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"Why are they fighting Brax?" I asked Braxton. He slightly shook his head at our friends.

"Eli took the last bag of Doritos," he said amused. I chuckled and I gasped as I saw Kai tackle Eli. I stepped forward but Brax stopped me

"Don't even bother," he said. I shook my head as I looked at the two idiots before me. To think these two were the beta and delta. I sighed and patted Braxton's shoulder.

"So, why did you call me down here?" I asked. Now that I think about it, he was the one to call me down here in the first place.

"Oh. I actually hoped calling you down would get these doofuses to stop but apparently not," He said with a chuckle. I looked at the two who scrambled on top of the couch. I've got to admit, they looked kind of cute together. Maybe I should set them up or something, that would be amazing. But wait, that would mean I have to be a third wheel... Better yet let things happen how it should, maybe they're straight... but you never know right?

"God, he is so strong," Eli said, rolling his shoulders back. I chuckled and looked at him. I turned and walked into the kitchen

"That teaches me to never take his food or the last bit of food," I said, pulling out different ingredients to make a sandwich.

"Hell yeah, it teaches you! At least you weren't under him. I had to suffer through that myself," Eli whined. Kai walked in and glanced at Eli before taking a slow bite of the chip. I watched as Eli's face morphed into a glare. Oh lord, these two boys were such goofbals. I started giggling as I started to make my sandwich.

"You're mean. Can't I just have one? I pinky promise to never take another chip again," Eli begged. I rolled my eyes as I listened to them. How childish.

"Ugh, fine. Only because you gave me puppy eyes," Kai said, sounding quite defeated. I chuckle softly. Such dorks.

"Kai!! Did I ever tell you how much I love you?"

"Oh shut up you dork," He replied chuckling. I finished with my sandwich and looked at the two boys.

"Seriously, how are you two kids a year older than me?" I asked chuckling. They both took turns glaring at me.

"Don't let our wolves hear you insulting us, they are as beta and delta as they get," Eli said chuckling. I rolled my eyes andsmiled.

"I say it out of love, I say it out of love," I respond, taking a bite from my sandwich. Oh my, I am the best sandwich chef ever. Awards should be piling up at my door, this is good. As I ate there with the two boys, second and third highest rank in the pack, a thought came to my mind. Where was the Alpha?

"Hey Eli, seeing as you're the beta, when do you think the Alpha's getting back?" I asked, taking another bite.

"Hm, he should be coming back next week. I'm not sure though since he tends to leave me in the dark a lot," He said, scoffing softly. I could tell that there was some meaning behind what he said but I couldn't really tell seeing as we had only known each other a couple of days now.

"In that case, I have plenty of time to shop don't you think? I assume that there'll be a ceremony happening for when I join the pack," I said looking at the two. Kai then started to laugh.

"Oh god, why are you thinking of shopping of all things? You are sure, not different from other girls," He said. I glared and threw a piece of bread at him.

"Shut up, I am more of a woman than any girl you will ever get and much more mature than the two of you," I said. They both chuckled and I sighed.

"Hey, gotta agree with her there," Braxton said as he joined us in the kitchen. I chuckled and smiled triumphantly.

"Anyways, we need to go shopping," I said. The boys all looked at each other after I said it.

"We?" they all said in unison. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Yes, all of you-" "I can't. I have things to do with my mate," Braxton said getting out of the kitchen as fast as he could. well, I could tell someone wasn't eager to go shopping.

"Well, the two of you are going shopping with me no matter what. You are my slaves now. Be ready in five minutes and wait outside for me," I finished my sandwich before sliding past them and easily going up the stairs.

"Awww she's getting used to us, she's bossy," I heard Eli coo. I chuckle softly as I went upstairs into my room. After a few minutes, I finished getting the money that I needed as well as putting on a pair of shoes. I didn't really care about going out in sweatpants because we were just going dress shopping. I would need something easy to take off anyway. I walked out and saw the two talking to each other.

"I'm here~ let's go to the mall or whatever store is closest," I said. They nodded and Kai put his hand out.

"What?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Give me your phone. I'll put our numbers in it since you still don't have them. Don't want you getting lost now, do we?" He said with a small smile. I nodded and pulled out my phone, passing it to him. Kai was a lot more down to earth and less eccentric. He was still loads of fun and he was a good friend in the end. He gave me my phone back and after, the three of us walked to Kai's car. I guess we're going in that then.

"Shotgun!" I shouted, running to the car.

"Hey, no fair!" Eli said chuckling as he walked to me. I stuck out my tongue at him and got into the passenger seat of the car anyways. Like I would let him stop me.