Ch.1

It has been about three hours since I started driving. The adrenaline that was flowing through my veins is still there. My heart is pound as if it was right beside my ears. My head spun every mile further I got from my old pack. When I first passed the border, I felt a pull and there was excruciating pain all over my body. I'm pretty sure Ryan knew where I had actually gone by now. The thoughts I had were becoming unbearable. I shook my head and sighed. I focused my eyes on the road in front of me. A yawn slipped out from my lips and I realized it was probably time to find a motel. I took the first exit I could then drove into the new territory. I could tell it was one of the towns surrounding the Blue Moon territory. I drove around until I found a motel. I found parking before getting out. I unlocked the trunk before taking it out. After that, I locked the whole car. The suitcase was a little heavy but I was quite strong myself. I walked into the building and looked around. It was a small lobby with a circular desk at the end of it. There was a single elevator to one side while wooden benches stood to the other. I walked to the desk and rang the small bell that was atop. 

"Hello? Is anyone there?" I asked looking around back. 

"Yes ma'am," a voice said behind me. I jumped ten feet in the air and held my hand to my chest.

"Oh my god, you scared me," I said with wide eyes.

"Sorry, miss, how may I help you?" 'Derek' as his name tag implied, asked.

"Can I have a room just for tonight please?" I asked

"Of course," he said. He walked to the counter and grabbed a key.

"Here, room 121 on the second floor is open. Enjoy your stay," he said handing me the key.

"Thanks," I said walking away.There was a creep aura that was surrounding Derek and I couldn't shake it off. I shook my head and walked to the elevator. I pressed the button going up and the doors opened. There was not much room in the elevator but it was fine since it was only me going in. I pressed the number two button and it lit up. The door s of the elevator closed and started going up.It stopped and opened up. I smiled slightly and walked down the hall, looking for my room. 

115, 117, 119, 121!

Here it is! I pushed the key into the keyhole and twisted, opening the dark wooden door. The interior of the room wasn't too bad. A queen sized bed sat in the middle of the room and bedside tables were on both sides with a lamp on both of them. there was a window which had small frilly curtains covering it. A small smile found its way onto my face. At least I wouldn't have to stay in a horrible motel room like those books where a girl runs away to horrible conditions. I walked in and sat on the bed. The suitcase was at the foot of the bed. I pulled out my phone and looked at the screen.

[10 missed calls from RyRy] 2:58

[RyRy: WTF CARLY?!?!]3:02

[RyRy: Why? Why did you leave?]3:02

[RyRy: I'm not letting you go as easy as that] 3:03

I widened my eyes, seeing all the missed calls and texts from Ryan. Did it really hurt him like that? I shook my head and put my phone down. Although I had all those texts from Ryan, there was not a single one from anyone of my family members. 

"I swear I hate them," I said to myself. I sighed and got up, planning to take a shower. The air in the room was pretty warm so I wouldn't freeze once I got out. I pulled the suitcase towards myself before putting it on the side. A small thump was heard but it wasn't too loud. I took out a simple tee and shorts before walking to the bathroom. It was quite small but it had a sink, a toilet, and a shower which was all I needed. I stripped off what I was wearing before walking into the shower. I turned the water on and perfected its temperature. I got under the warm water and rinsed off my body first. You could imagine whatever else, I'm sure there's no other way to take a shower. Once that was done, I toweled off and changed.