Ch.3

The night had come and gone and at the current moment, 9 o'clock am, I woke up to an annoying beeping sound. I groaned and grumpily opened my eyes. I looked to the nightstand to turn off the alarm when I noticed it. I had no alarm clock. With a raise of my left eyebrow. I scanned the room and when I looked to my right, I spotted Eli right beside me. I yelped from surprise and rolled off the bed, entangled with the sheets. From Eli however, didn't emerge a girly shout. Instead, he erupted with laughter. I groaned and sat up. I glared at him from the other side of the bed. God, could he be annoying after a single day of knowing him or what?

"What the hell are you doing in my room Attwood?" I growled. Eli wiped his eyes and let out a happy and satisfied sigh. 

"Waking you up. I checked your records and you now go to our school oh young one," he responded. I gave him a face palm look. Right, I had totally forgotten about school. It was November by now, school would be a few months in. How could I forget? I'm eighteen right now so of course, one last year of high school, great. I groaned and laid back down on the floor.

"kill me now please Eli. I will forever be in your debt," I said dramatically. Eli laughed again and soon I saw him at my feet. He bent down and picked me up, me groaning while he did so. 

"Get up lazy, get ready. As your new friend I shall take you," he said smiling as he tossed my soulless body onto the bed. I sighed, knowing I had no chance of winning.

"Fine, leave the room and I'll be down. You can even make sure i don't run away," I said untangling myself from the bed sheets.  Eli nodded and ruffled my hair. 

"Can't wait to see ya down there lil' buddy," he joked before leaving the room and closing the door behind him. Oh bless Eli for knowing how to close a damn door. I sighed and got up. I slipped off my sleepwear, or rather what I deemed to be sleepwear, and walked to my closet. I hummed and looked through my clothes. I put on my undergarments first and the pulled on a black tank top with a pair of shorts. I looked through my closet for anything else to wear with the outfit. Lo' and behold, a single floral blazer was there. I must be blessed. I paired this look with white converse and a black leather satchel that I deemed to be my school bag. I rolled the sleeves to my elbows since I didn't like long-sleeved things too much.  After doing that, I curled my hair lightly to try and make it look natural. Once that was done, I just put on mascara. I don't wear a lot of makeup. I walked over to the night stand and grabbed my phone.   I put it in my pocket before  going down the stairs and looked for Eli. I couldn't see him so I walked into the kitchen. In my gaze, I spotted Frankie sitting across from a guy who I presumed was her mate. I walked on over and smiled. 

"Hey Frank," I greeted. Frankie looked over and smiled.

"Oh, hey Carly, I didn't expect you up so early," she said with a small chuckle. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"Me neither. Apparently I was signed up for school," I replied. Where could Eli have gone?

" Ah, I see," she said. She then looked across from herself and hummed, "Oh! Carly I have someone I want you to meet," she said finally acknowledging the man. I nodded, ready for the introduction.

"This is my mate Charleston. Charles, this is Carly. The girl I told you about," she said with a warm smile. Charleston smiled and stood. He put his hand out for a handshake which I readily returned.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Carly, I really have heard a lot about you from my wife," he said. I smiled and nodded.

"Same here, she's obsessed with you, you have to get someone on that," I joked with a small laugh. Charleston laughed as well while Frankie blushed with a huff. Awwe, no matter how old they get it is still so cute to see them all goofy and lovey with each other.