chapter two

Chris POV

I took her down stairs and saw Matt had opened the door. her heart beat was slow and so was her breathing I glanced down at the angle in my arms. she had fallen back asleep. I walked outside and looked at Matthew his eyes was filled with hurt at the state of his future Luna was in.

"Chris, let's get her back to the pack house and call the pack doctor," Matt said walking twords me.

I let out a soft growl and said," please don't get to close my wolf is scratching to get out. the only thing keeping me from ripping that man to shreds is cause she is in my arms hurt. she needs me,"

Matt just nodded in understandment," I mind linked Zack he is bring a car,"

I sat down on the curb pulling my mate close go me and said," I should have known,"

Matt looked at me. I had tears building in my eyes. I couldn't protect my mate the one I was made to protect. "Chris, you couldn't of. we haven't known her for a day yet. we couldn't of known. she will be fine now and that's all that matters,"

I looked down as Kayley moved and groaned a little bit," Shh baby I'm here I'm not leaving you," I whispered

I started rocking her back and fourth," its odd how natrually it comes,"

I looked at him for a split second and asked," what does?"

Matt chuckled and said," conferting your mate,"

I just nodded as I moved a stray hair out of her face. when I heard a car pull up. Zack looked out smiling and his smile faded when he saw Kayley," what the hell happened," he asked.

I just stood up as Matt opened the back door and I slid being careful not to bump Kayley into anything.

Matt shut my door when I was in and got in the front and said," get back to the pack house and hurry,"

he just nodded and took off. I looked down at my mate to see her moving around. her eyes fluttered open and said," Chris,"

her face held pure pain. I looked into her eyes. she was scared and confused," its all right baby. your safe now,"

"Chris, it hurts," she said tears falling down her cheeks.

"I'm so sorry. I should of made you tell me before you got out of the car," I said tears slid down my face.

she slowly put her hand in my cheek wiping the tears away "Chris, don't cry. I don't know what's going on but I trust you. I'm also about to black out again,"

her hand stayed on the side of my face as I said," baby you'll be fine soon I promise and ill explain everything," As soon as I finished saying that he hand dropped and her breathing slowed way down," Zack drive faster. Matt make sure the pack doctor is there now,"

my eyes never leaving my mate. I was scared. I couldn't lose her I just found her," Chris we are here the doctor is in your room,"

I took off into the pack house and into my room. the doctor was there I laid Kayley on my bed. the doctor walked over to her as I backed up.

Matt and Zack walked in and grabbed both my arms. the doctor started lifting her shirt up and pressing under her breasts. I growled and fought against my hold but it only tightened

Zack said," calm Chris he is helping her,"

I just nodded and tried to calm my wolf down. the doctor nodded and walked over to her foot. he bent it and I heard her moan in pain. I let out a growl.

the doctor looked at her and then.walked up to me. "alpha she is fine. she has a few broken ribs. and her foot was dislocated. the reason she is in a deep sleep is because of the pain. I can't give her nothing for it,"

I looked at him and asked," how long till she wakes up,"

he just shrugged his shoulders," minutes days it depends she might be able to hear you,"

i felt my eyes drop and Matt looked at him and said," your dismissed,"

the doctor left and Zack said," she will be fine. when she wakes up you'll be there,"

I just nodded and walked over to Kayley. I picked her up and moved her to the center of the bed. I laid sat next to her and stared at her.

Matt then spoke up," Bro you need to get some sleep,"

I shook my head," the doctor said she can hear me. I plan to talk to her,"

Matt sighed and said," okay. ill deal with all the rouges. you stay with your mate. I fully understand. come along Zack,"

they walked out of the room and I grabbed kayleys hand and said,"baby I'm so sorry,"

Kayleys POV

I was surrounded in darkness. I felt someone grab my hand say," baby I'm so sorry,"

Chris it was Chris. he spoke again," I'm not leaving. I promise. please wake up baby,"

I felt my hand being lifted and soft warm lips touched it. he moved my hand to his face where I felt warm water. I kept trying to speak but I couldn't. I slowly tried to squeeze my hand shut. I felt it tighten in Chris hand.

"kayley, I love you please. I'm so sorry," he said.

"Chris," I finally mannaged to groan out.

he dropped my hand and I felt his hands on my face," baby," he whispered. I slowly opened my eyes," are you ok. ill call the doctor back,"

"don't I'm fine," I whispered.

he looked at me for a minute," fine. but only because its late. he will check on you in the morning," he looked down and said," I'm so sorry I should of known,"

I looked at him he couldn't know about my dad did he," what should you have known,"

he looked at me and said," that your dad hit you. your my mate,"

I looked at him confused," what's a mate,"

he looked at me and said," there is alot I need to explain but you have to promise me to hear me out,"

I nodded and said," it can't be to bad,"

he kissed my forehead softly and said," I'm a werewolf,"