Kise Ryõta vs. Haizaki Shõgõ | Winner part 1

Start from the beginning

The following week, you hang out with Kise as you promised. He was a gentleman, you noticed, and you can't help but start to like him. He was the only guy who was brave enough to ask you anyway.

And slowly, it came to be routine to meet up with him at least twice a week, neglecting Haizaki who began to slowly skip classes and practices altogether.

Then one day...

"Ne~ (y/n). Did you hear? Haizaki-kun has another girlfriend." Your friend said.

Your brows furrowed. Girlfriend? Not again. "Really? I never knew that." He seems to be switching girlfriends every week.

"Oh, I thought you knew because you've known each other for like a decade." She noted, then started back eating her lunch.

"Wait, I need to go to the bathroom." You excused yourself, but intead went to see Haizaki. "Excuse me, is Haizaki-kun here?" You asked his classmates who were eating near the doorway.

"Oh. He's absent."

Again. Not again.

So you called him, and he picked up on the 3rd ring. "Hello..."

"What do you need?" His voice seemed to have changed, it was colder, rude, and empty. You could hear a girl's voice in the background.

"Ne~ can I come over this evening?" You asked, sounding cheerful.

"Huh? I'm busy. Call you later. Text me when you get home later." With that, he ended the call.

Out of the blue, Kise appeared, hugging you from behind. "(Y/n)-cchi!" He exclaimed with his usual cheerful voice. "Wanna hang out later?"

You forced a smile, as you were still bothered by Haizaki's behavior. "Sorry Kise-kun, but I'm busy." Then you left forgetting to say good bye.

Kise was somewhat rooted to where you left him. What's going on with her? He wondered.

Later that day, you decided you give Haizaki a visit at his house, thinking he's probably home by now. So you bought a bag of pastries from a nearby bakery to at least have something to give to his mother.

But when you arrived there, his mother said he wasn't home yet. She also mentioned how her son comes home late almost every night. However, you covered up for him saying he's practicing for the upcoming games. You both chatted for a while until it you decided it was late and you needed to go home.

On your way home, you met the Haizaki Shõgõ.

"Oi, I didn't recieve a message." He said as soon as he saw you, referring about you texting him when you got home.

"Dummy, that's cause I'm not home yet." You replied. You were slightly pissed off at him.

He scoffed, flicking your forehead. "I'll walk you home then." For the first time after a few months he was walking you home. Well, it was your fault anyway for hanging out too much with Kise.

"Na~ Haizaki-kun." You looked at him. "Someone told me they saw you again with another girl. What's going on?"

"Nothing." He mumbled. "I just got bored with the previous one."

You crossed your arms. "How bout the other one before?"

"She's too noisy."

"And the one before that?"

"She's not sexy at all."

"Omigosh! Haizaki! How about -"

"What is this? A job interview?"