Jay

"Are you alright?" Kim asked her partner concern lacing her voice.

She has been worried about him for the past couple of months. He had always been lost in thought before, but not like this. This was different. He would sit in the swede chair in the living room  and stare at the wall for what seemed like days. 

Kim hadn't started to worry about him until about the second month of this. She came home to find Jay in the same spot as always, staring at the white wall in front of him. But as Kim was about to go through the kitchen and into the living room she stopped. Jagged breath and fast whispers held her in place. 

"No. No! That's not right. He cant be there!" 

Finally Kim gathered her courage and walked into the living room. Jays head whipped around to meet her solid grey eyes. 

"What is going on with you Jay?"

He didn't answer. Instead he got out of his chair, walked right out the back door, and into the nights darkness.

A smooth voice pulled Kim from her thoughts and back to reality. 

"Hm? Oh, I'm okay. Just thinking about our next heist." Jay sighed heavily. 

Jay hadn't even given one thought about their heist that night. He just didn't want to bring up his lost soulmate. It hurt him to think about it. He didn't even want to find out what it would do to him if he had spoken of it out loud either. So he kept his mouth shut about all of it. Another thought then came to mind. What would his partner think of all of it?

'She would be jealous.' His mind screamed at him.

Well yeah that was a given. She had seemed to have given up on the whole soulmate thing a long time ago. Right now all that she seemed to want was him and only him. Then, an even worse thought crossed the young mans mind.

'Why don't you just give up on Logan. Kimberly wants you and you haven't been able to find him. You probably never will.'

No. He pushed that horrid thought in the farthest corners of his mind. Jay wouldn't give up just yet. He felt so close to finding him. He would find him he was sure of it. Someday.

Fingers snapped in front of his face bringing Jay back into reality.

"Hello? I asked you what ideas you had for tonight's heist then you kind of zoned out on me."

"Oh. I uh...."

Oh no.

He couldn't think of anything to say to her.

"I forgot sorry."

'Nice save Sherlock. You really ought to hand it to yourself.' Jay thought to himself coldly. 

'She never suspected a thing.'

Kim gives a concerned look then let's it go.

"Ok well, we could always just wing it." She suggested.

"Yeah let's do that." Jay said a little too quickly.

He just wanted her out of his hair for a bit. An hour at the least would be nice. Just an hour to think about everything that has been stressful to him.  That would be  pure heaven on earth for him. But he knew otherwise not to get too lost in thought. If he did that he would be stuck in that loop forever. 

"Ok Jay Z. I'm gonna go get ready for tonight."

He said nothing but groaned. Oh god not that stupid nickname. She had always called him that and he always hated it.

Finally she left the room. 

'Thank god. A moment to myself again.'

Again the man found himself lost in his own sad thoughts. All were about his lost love Logan.

'How was he?'

'Was he okay?'

Well he was obviously alive. Jays eyes had not changed back to that dull gray.

That was one weight off of his mind.

Just thinking about seeing Logan again made Jay giddy. After all these years of not seeing his love his heart would be full again. 

But that wasn't the case.

Logan wasn't here beside him and it broke Jay's heart into a million tiny pieces.

How long would be have to wait to see his soulmate again? Days? Months? Years?

'Oh god I hope not years. I would die if I had to wait that long to see him again.' He thought.

Tears then sprung to Jay's eyes. What if he never saw Logan again? What if's flooded his mind for what seemed like hours when finally Kimberly came back into the room.

"Hey are-whoa are you crying?" She asked.

The concern for him became ever greater in her mind. Why would he be crying? This wasn't the Jay she knew. The Jay she knew was tough as nails and would never dare to cry, or show any emotion for that matter.

"No I'm fine let's go. I'm ready."

Jays voice was gruff with those words. He walked out their front door without another word about his tears. Shortly followed by a very worried Kimberly.