0.1

I do not own Teen Wolf or anything affiliated with it. But I do own my own characters and plot lines.

0.1 | Stilinski, Stiles Stilinski

a l t h e a (al-thee-ya)

As I spin in a circle in front of my floor mirror, I look over my outfit once more before I have to leave for school. A dark red high waisted skirt hugs my sides, a white cropped sweater hangs from my shoulders, and a pair of black wedge ankle boots cover my feet. Hopefully my new style is enough for Lydia to notice me.

This summer I begged my dad for a job at his veterinary clinic, and fortunately he hired me. I saved up the money I earned so I could buy a whole closet worth of new and fashionable clothes. Pathetic, I know. But the flannels, tee-shirts, jeans, and tennis shoes that I used to wear just made Lydia look at me in disgust.

I run my fingers through my freshly straightened hair, which falls just above my back dimples, before I run them over the cold gold pendant of the necklace that's hanging around my neck.

I spin once more before grabbing my book bag from my desk chair and I walk out of my bedroom. I walk down the stairs carefully with a tight grip on the banister. I don't have the hang of walking in heels just yet.

Once my feet touch the bottom of the stairs, I look up to the ceiling and pray to God that I can get through the school day without falling on my face or breaking my ankles.

"Althie, do you want me to make you eggs or something before you go to school?" My father asks me as he walks out of the kitchen. I shake my head slightly as he walks toward me.

"No thanks, Dad. I'll just stop at the bakery and buy a muffin or something," I say as I ruffle through my purse that's around my shoulder for my car keys. He looks me over once he stops in front of me.

"You look beautiful, Al," he compliments me as he wraps his arms around my shoulders tightly. I wrap my arms around his waist as he sniffles into the crook of my neck. He does this every year, every first day of school. It's not very manly, but I think it's nice.

Once he lets go of me, he rubs his wet eyes before wiping invisible dust off of my shoulders. "I love you, Dad," I say before I walk to the front door.

"I love you too. Have fun at school!" He shouts to me as I close the door.

I don't remember having a mother. My dad told me that she left when I was just a baby, so I just tell people that I don't have a mom. I know, everybody has a mother. But I don't consider mine as one.

After I get into the black 2009 Nissan Maxima that my father gave me last year for my sixteenth birthday, I throw my book bag and purse into the passenger seat before putting the key into the ignition.

I take a deep breath before putting my car in reverse and backing out of my driveway.

~*~*~

With my purse on my shoulder and my book bag on my back, I walk towards the school with my head held high. It's been so long since I've seen most of the faces that are passing by, so I just keep my eyes on the doors of the school so I don't have to greet nameless strangers.

My breath gets caught in my throat and I slow down my walking pace as a familiar smell makes its way into my nose. Lydia's perfume. It has a floral scent, maybe lavender but I'm not sure.