Kitten on the ice

Ryan's POV

Me and greed meant everyday, we been becoming  closer. Meeting for lunch and on our days off.

Today was my day off but not Greed's. I was getting ready for lunch with him. I couldn't help but smile as I got ready.

By now, I must confess. I think I'm falling in love with Greed. Not by his looks, but his personality. Though... I could feel my heart ache knowing Greed would never see me the way I see him.

I sigh and heard my phone rang. It was Greed's ringtone, I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Aye! Are you free?"

"Um yea, but I thought we were having lunch..."

"Oh shit, right. We I mean like later, like at 7:00 pm?"

I blushed, was Greed asking me on a date? No..no he's not.

"Yes? I think so, why?"

"We're going ices skating, it's the perfect weather, it's snowing ,and fucking cold. You in birdy?"

I smiled and nodded knowing he didn't see it.

"Yea..I'll get my things."

"Awesome!"

"I'll see you later greed..."

"Bye birdy."

As I hang up the phone, I stared at the phone. Did Greed ask me on a date? I shacked my head 'no'. Knowing my fairy tale dreams were crushed. Though our friendship is more important than this. And I hope it would stay at way.

---

Later

As me and Greed walked to the skating ring, all kinds of thoughts came to my head. Like why did he ask me to go with him? Like wouldn't he like to go with a good liking girl?

I didn't even care how cold it was, I pulled my black beanie down a little. I was wearing a black over coat but not to be big, with a red scarf and red gloves. Though Greed was wearing just his leather jacket, I personally hoped he at least is wearing a long sleeve shirt.

"You should have worn more warmer clothes greedy." As I looked up at him.

He chuckled "The cold never bother me birdy, so don't worry." As he rubbed my head.

I blushed and looked down, it's hard to keep a secret to someone you care for... Especially when you love them.

We rented out skated and started to put them on. They were very heavy and kinda hard to walk on the ground Though Greed seem fine with it, he was nice enough to hold my hand so I won't lose my balance.

"Have you ever skated before birdy?" He asked as he looked down at me. I shook my head 'no'.

"No, only roller skating... But not really good at it. I always fall in my butt." I giggled remembering my many falls from skating.

"It's kinda the same thing."

Before I knew it, we were on the ice. I was scared and held onto Greed. There were a lot of people and I was afraid I'll bump into him. Even making them trip.

"Just hold my hand, you'll do just fine ok?" As he looked into my eyes. I blushed as I looked into his and nodded

He held me hand as I skated, I had support from him and it was nice. It was like roller skating but more heavier. We even did a whole lap around the ring too.

I was doing so well, well until someone bump into me. I almost fell but Greed quickly grabbed me and help me close. To his chest.

I blushed deeply and looked up at him. His eyes widen and...and he also blushed. We just stared at each other, not moving out eyes on something else.

I felt his hand touch my cheek, they were gentle, soft, but rough. I blushed deeply.

Is he going to kiss me?

I pulls myself away quickly but gentle. "Oh my god! I'm sorry that was very rude of me!" I turned away blushing hard.

"It's uh..it's fine, don't worry birdy." He said.

God! I rude it! I could have kissed him and he wouldn't care...right?

"Um, I'm kinda cold. Do you wanna get some hot chocolate? I'll pay for it." As I slowly turn to him.

His face was calm and a bit hurt. Oh no! I hurt him, I'm a terrible friend.

"Are you ok Greed?.."

"Fine."

He said it so plainly, I don't blame. I took his hand and skated to the exit. I didn't even care if I was skating good.

As we order our hot chocolate, I asked how Greed takes his.

"How do you take you chocolate?"

"Nothing on it. How do you like yours?"

"I like mine with whip cream and marshmallows."

Greed burst out laughing. "Wow really? That how most girls take it."

"That's just mean, and Fiona likes her plain like yours. And Envy and Pride like theirs with marshmallows."

"Sorry birdy." As he rubbed my head. I smiled a little but I still felt.

"Birdy?"

"Hmm?.."

"Your cute."