"So where is Mr Ares?" Liam asks me, as he puts his feet up on Miles' lap.

"He's sick," I tell him just as Mile punches him in the rib cage and tells him to get his feet off. "He's been pretty busy lately do you guys know what he's up to?"

Miles shakes his head and Liam groans in pain. "No."

"I think he's just had a lot of homework." Kyle shrugs, and I raise my eyebrow. He must have got a lot of homework if he's still using that excuse.

But if Kyle says that he's doing homework, he'll be doing homework.

---------------------

I tie my hair into a tight pony tail and zip up my sweatshirt. To maintain my status as military general, I have to keep my fitness up. I practice running around the school track after school sometimes, to keep my heart strong.

I bend down to tie my shoe laces, and I double knot just in case.

I like to let my human form run before shifting into my wolf. It's more important to be fitter as a human.

"Hey, Trent! What are you doing here?"

I shot straight up, looking directly towards the one and only Tonks. I find it really unusual that he's come up to me twice today, I don't know if it's on purpose or if it's a coincidence but it's weird. His outfit has changed and now he's wearing cross trainers and sweat pants. He jumps over a hurdle and jogs over to where I'm standing.

"Hey, Tonks. I'm just training, what are you doing?" I resume tying my left shoe lace as he answers.

"I'm training too! Gotta keep my fitness up, it's not easy being Beta."

I stand back up and cringe, the odds of him doing the same thing as me are small. Maybe we just have a lot in common?

"You wanna run with me?" He offers, looking like an energetic bunny rabbit.

"Why are you being so nice to me, Tonks?" Since childhood, our friendship has been brought up a solid balance of sarcastic comments and teasing. Now he wants me to sit with him at lunch and run with him?

"You're best friend's girl, Trent. Maybe we could be friends too?"

It's the strangest thing hearing you're childhood frenemy wanting to be friends. Not to mention, he just called Ares his best friend.

Nevertheless, I accept his offer, this could be the start to a good friendship.

"Well sure, Kyle." I exaggerate on his first name, starting to run. He follows me fastly, and I right next to me with in a second.

"Wow! Never heard you say my name before, Aurora."

Kyle and I run beside each other the whole time. We share conversations and interests, getting to know each other with every free breath we have.

Kyle Tonks isn't as bad as I thought he was. He's really funny and easy going, he's honest and I can tell that he values relationships over anything else. In a way, I envy him for being the absolute kind hearted person he seems to be. I'm glad that Ares has him as his best friend.

He's fast enough to keep up with me too, and I like that. I can outrun Dexter and Ash, but never Landon. I like that someone can push themselves constantly to run at my pace. And, I like the competition.