Chapter Six (Christopher) The Announcement

Wow! She laughed! We laughed! I didn't know she had it in her! Sure, she was a spoilt, spiteful girl but she had such a pretty smile, I actually enjoyed seeing this 'rare miracle'! But it was quite awkward after a while. 

As i lay in bed that night i was thinking about how hard she is to understand! One of the gifts i have is that i can easily read people. Except her. It was rather frustrating really! I didnt know if she liked me but had to much pride to admit it, or if her heart was just filled with hatred? Or maybe she just didnt like me. That thought stung a little.

The next morning i woke to the usual surroundings: Mum gently nudging me awake saying "Your dad and i are just going to go and hang out with the Charles's for a bit. Will you meet us at breakfast by 9:30?" 

"Um, yeah sure" I said still half asleep. And with that they left. Daniel would be discussing sports with Jackson and Molly would probably be torturing Julia Charles by trying to prove she could sing too, thankfully for Molly, Julia seemed to like her. And soon enough Sandy and i would be back to our arguments. Ever since the fist time our parents had forced us to 'get along' it had NOT gone well! 

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

We were having a game of ping-pong, trying to make it seem to the adults we were having a nice friendly game. But really it was more of a life or death tournament!! All the way through it we taunted each other, until she let out her rage in one strong fore-hand shot. The white ping-pong flew straight in between my eyes! 

She was bent double laughing, practically crying with laughter! I glowered at her then turned round to hide my red cheeks. I rubbed my fore-head carefully! Damn, how could a small plastic ball hurt so much? 

I spun round and gave her another dirty look before i said "I personally think that was foul play, I'm going to have lunch now' i tried to control my voice. But i slammed my bat down and walked off. 

Every time i would think; That's the final straw! But whenever i went to my parents to say i couldn't stand the girl, i stopped, seeing how happy they were now was pleasurable, and i suppose i was being a bit selfish. So i would just put up with it.... for now.

--.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.--.

I heaved myself reluctantly out bed. I stood up and took a deep breath. Today is a new day right? Maybe, just maybe this would be the day when Sandy and i got along. Slightly unlikely though... but i was going to try anyway. :)

I dressed in an orange t-shirt which had an iguana on the front that i had bought down at the shop in the resort and blue knee length shorts. I walked past the mirror on the way to the door, I looked so much like my now deceased, older brother. I sighed and quickly ran a comb through my hair and grabbed the door key card and left. 

I pushed the button for the lift impatiently. Finally the doors opened to reveal (to my shock horror!) Sandy Charles! I groaned quietly and thought about pretending to have forgotten something back at the room, but changed my mind thinking maybe this could be a chance to make amends, to stop all the arguments, inside her i knew that she was tired of it too... or so i hoped anynway!