Chapter Five (Sandy) It's on!

• Dedicated to For Anyone who's dared to be different! :)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% (2 DAYS LATER )%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I rubbed my poor sunburned shoulders, then flinched at the rawness of them. Lesson in life: Always put 50+ sunscreen on shoulders! always! 

It was almost as bad as (dare i say?) having to hang out with Christopher! Although we had started calling each other by our second names. Yes, that's how bad this was!

I eyed Julia and Molly over the top of my magazine, chattering away at the bar enjoying cocktails. I have to admit i did blame them, if they hadn't started getting along then maybe they wouldn't have made Alton and I hang out! 

Gah! He was so annoying! So...so... arrogant! The kind of person who always reminds you of something you've done wrong in  the past. For example i walked into a waiter and he dropped his tray (totally his fault) the other day the next day he said "Going to walk into any more poor innocent people today Charles?" 

Oh no! I could see him coming! I'd hoped maybe he'd caught a deadly disease and would not be able to get up today! 

Argh what shall i do?! i thought in frustration! I quickly shoved my sunglasses on my face, put a huge brown sun-hat on my head and grabbed for my ipod and headphones. I chose the first song i saw: 'Better Than Revenge' by Taylor Swift. I cranked up the volume so i could drown out the sarcastic comments of that fool. I also turned back to my magazine. 

"Hello Charles!" Christopher said with fake enthusiasm. He lay back on a sunbed beside me

I ignored him, urgh, why was i finding it so hard not to look at him... it was if there was a magnetic pull in my eyes!

He reached over and snatched the headphones out my ears. I slammed my magazine down and snapped my sunglasses off and glared at him with my evil 'green witch eyes' as i liked to think of them.

He sneered back at me. 

"I'm sorry is there a problemo Charles?" He sneered.

'What do. you. think. hmm?? You think your so smart don't you?" 

"Well, I'm alright i suppose, although people say im modest..." he grinned.

"hmm..." i narrowed my eyes. 

I had had enough. I stood up. He stood up. I took a few steps forward, guess what? so did he! I eyed him suspiciously. I then took a run and jump straight into the pool. I watched as my hair spread out like a fan opening around me. I opened my eyes. Under water our vision is blurred but it was clear enough that i saw Alton swimming around beside me 

I moaned to myself before appearing above the surface, gulping in the air i had been missing. There he was, yet again. Practically beaming at the fact he had annoyed me. 

I splashed him, he splashed me back! The nerve! I used all the force i had to shove a wave of water in his face.

"Oh its on!" he grinned

All of a sudden we were splashing each other and screaming happily and then...

then...

then...

we laughed! 

We froze.

And then at the realization if this all we burst out laughing all over again! 

After a few seconds i remembered the rudeness of the person i was sharing this genuine happiness with. I coughed then smiled weakly, how did i let my defense down. I would have to be extra mean now! Urgh, but it was getting harder! 

I saw the corners of his mouth turn up and with that, he was gone.

I stood in the middle of the pool, feeling quite stupid really! I noticed Molly and Julia looking at me and where Christopher had been. Massive cringe!!!!

I quickly stuck my head back under again and felt my blush cool down. 

I would have to make sure I didn't let this happen again!