"I don't get all involved in your family shit. Daniel and all of your family issues are your problems, not mine."

                "Don't be a tosser," I warned and he scoffed, rolling his eyes.

                "Oh, I'm the tosser? You're the one trying to control my morning. Just give me some pissing space," he retorted.

                That time, he did shove past me. I didn't do anything to stop him, I couldn't even look at him.

                When the front door slammed, Dev walked in wearing a grimace.

                "That didn't sound good." I shook my head and wrapped my arms around my middle.

                "It wasn't," I choked. Dev sighed and gently pulled me against him with a sigh. I let one tear slip down my face before I sniffed and buried my face into his shirt.

                "It's not even the fight," I told him, my voice muffled by his shirt. Dev pulled back and sighed, giving me a sad look.

                "I know."

                "It's happening again. I love him, Dev," I whispered and he nodded, gently patting my head.

                "I know," he said again and ran his hand through his hair. "I wish I could do something. I'm not too keen on losing a flat mate either," he said with a sad look. With a small squeeze to the shoulder, I backed into the passage and walked into my room.

                In the end, I left Dev preparing for the race and went to find Sid. She was at the bar, sitting on a bar stool with a scowl.

                "What's the matter?" I asked when I got there and she tapped her fingers on the bar.

                "Ryder disappeared last night, nobody can find him anywhere," she explained. I frowned and moved onto the stool next to her.

                "I thought you hated him?" I pushed. She flung her arms up in the air and groaned.

                "I wouldn't wish this on him. He went out last night and didn't come back. He was meant to sign in with all the others racers this morning," she said and dropped down from the stool.

                "Maybe he's hungover? Don't worry too much," I tried to assure and started to help her with getting the food and the backstreet ready.

                She wasn't herself throughout the duration of preparation, which made me slightly suspicious. Her movements were quick and cautious as she looked around.