Hunters Mark

Stefan stands up in the woods as Klaus appears and rushes up behind him and grabs him in a chokehold.

"In what world do the words "tell no one" mean tell your brother and every teenage sycophant in town?" Stefan struggled against his hold.

"The secret's safe. No one who knows about the cure will endanger us. Trust me, you know I want to find it more than anyone else."

Klaus smirked sadistically "Well then, I suggest you find some more vampires for Jeremy to kill before I'm tempted to offer you up as a victim."

Klaus releases Stefan from his hold and Stefan steps away and turns to look at him. "And Valerie." Klaus gives him a questioning glance. "Why would she kill vampires?" Stefan sighed "because the same mark appeared on her hand yesterday."

Klaus nodded "Well I don't want her involved and try and keep this one to yourself, would you?"

Stefan went to question Klaus about Valerie but he flashed away before he could.

---

Matt, Valerie and Jeremy are taking out boxes from the back of Matt's pickup.

"So, your sister is making me be her date. Think I'll have to do that weird dance thing?" Jeremy chuckled "I'm pretty sure that's just for the contestants."

Valerie turned to Jeremy "I heard that you're April's escort. How'd that happen?"

"Well, she needed a date and apparently you were taken." Matt grins and laughs. He grabs one of the kegs in the back of his truck and tries to lift it up, but it's too heavy for him.

"Okay, let's just take these in and we'll come back for the kegs." Jeremy stops him "No, wait." He jumps up into the bed of the truck.
"You want to see something cool?"

Jeremy picks up one keg in each hand as if they weigh nothing, jumps down from the bed of the truck, and places the kegs on the ground. Matt looks at him with a mix of being impressed and worried.

"How did you just do that?" Jeremy shrugged "Ever since I was awoken as a Hunter, I've had all this energy, like all the time."

"Does that mean I can do that?" Jeremy nodded "probably."

"Jer, Valerie, I think you need to talk to someone about this. I mean, look what happened to Connor, okay. A byproduct of this energy is that you're gonna want to kill vampires and you happen to live with one."

Jeremy and Valerie looked towards him "Hey, I would never hurt my sister." Jeremy starts to walk away. "I'll be fine."

He grabs a cart and starts to push it towards the house. Matt watches him leave with a look of worry on his face. "And so will I." She pats Matts shoulder and follows Jeremy inside.

---

Valerie is standing by Caroline outside the house. Three girls walk towards her with flower arrangements.

"Woah, woah, woah, stop, stop!" The girls stop. "Those flowers go in the back as indicated by the floral chart that you guys had plenty of time to memorize."

The girls turn around and walk off "Yeah, thank you." Caroline looks down at her clipboard again as Valerie walked away with commands from Caroline.

"Now, how did I know I'd find you at the helm of the ship?" She looks at him. "Caroline's making me." Klaus nods "I was wondering what time I should pick you up tomorrow."

Valerie looks up again and over at him. "Why?" She looks away again. Klaus moves closer towards her. "I was promised a date in return for one of my hybrids."