Bite

Matt goes to the door. Valerie is there. Matt opens it. "Hey, Matt, hopefully Klaus should be here soon." Only a minute after she spoke the doorbell rang.

Klaus stood there. Matt opened the door again "Valerie came to see me." Matt nodded "You made Tyler do this to her. He would have never done something like this." Klaus nodded "I'm here to help, Matt. My blood will heal her. Please, ask the Sheriff to invite me inside."

The Sheriff asked "I know how this game works. You want something in return." Klaus shakes his head looking to Valerie "Just your support." Sheriff Forbes considers this offer "Come in." Caroline is lying on her side in her bed, with her right arm under her head. Klaus enters the house and smiles slyly at Matt as he passes him.

Valerie walks with Klaus to Caroline's room to make sure he fed her his blood.

Weakly, Caroline asked "Are you going to kill me?" Klaus spoke softly "On your birthday? You really think that low of me?" Caroline and Valerie shook their heads "Yes." Klaus examines her bite. "That looks bad. My apologies, you're what's known as collateral damage. It's nothing personal."

Valerie rolled her eyes "just get on with it." He smirked at her. "Okay, on your request." He bit his wrist and gave her his blood. He turned to Valerie who smiled softly at him. She mouthed a silent 'thank you' to him, who in return nodded back.

---

Valerie was packing her bags into the boot of her car. She had left Elena a voicemail telling her she was visiting Jeremy for a day. She had missed him throughout the week he had been gone, so she called him up and planned a day out together.

She was just about to get into the car when Elena rushed over. "Hey?" Elena was confused. "I left a voicemail, you didn't answer my calls, I'm leaving, just for a day. To visit Jeremy." She nodded in understanding. "Tell him I said hi" Valerie nodded. "Oh and take care of yourself, Val" she nodded "you two, sis."

This was just a short filler chapter. To get to the main chapter next.