Ch. 12: Things are Looking Up

It had been five days since Diana came over and got Dick to straighten up. He looked like his normal self again. The bags gone, he was no longer paler than a ghost, and he hadn't cried as much either. Dick was doing a lot better with Diana there, and Alfred was certainly grateful for the Amazon's help.

"Diana, how can I ever thank you for what you have done," Alfred said, both of them watching Dick play a video game on the TV.

"Alfred, you don't have to do a thing. I care about Dick the same way you and Bruce do. I didn't want him hurting himself or making himself sick because Bruce wasn't waking up, and I hope he wakes up soon or Dick may return to what he was doing."

She had hoped that Bruce would wake up from the coma days ago, but J'onn told them that he was struggling with some unknown force that only Bruce could get over. Something about his past or something emotional he's going through.

Diana sighed as she walked over to the couch and sat down next to Dick. She could see the distant look on Dick's face that never really went away. She knew that he would never fully be ok until Bruce was awake and back home with him, but it was better to see him like this then the way he was before.

"Dick, how would you like to go see Bruce?"

Dick paused his game then looked toward her. "Do you think it would do any good?" he replied not too sure if it would matter if he was there or not.

"Well they always say that people in a coma do a lot better when someone they love or care for talk to them, but if you don't want to go we don't have to."

Dick lowered his head and stared at the controller in his hands. He hadn't been to the Watch Tower in over a week. Could he stand seeing Bruce just lying there helpless? He's never seen Bruce that vulnerable before, not even when he came down with that severe case of the flu that one year.

He finally looked back up at Diana and smiled. "I'd like to go see Bruce."

Diana smiled back and she put her arm around his shoulders as they walked toward the door.

YJYJYJYJYJYJYJ

Wally stood leaning up against the wall near the kitchen entrance watching his team, minus Robin, and Tiffany playing cards. He didn't like having Tiffany in the mountain with the team. He was afraid that she was going to betray them all and he wanted her out. He watched the others get along with her like she hadn't done a thing, but he couldn't get over what she did.

'First she betrayed Robin, helping that rotten Clayface try to kill him, then she leads him into a trap, then she almost gets the whole team killed AND put Batman into a coma. Now she's justsittin' there with the rest of the team like they've been best friends forever.' Wally crossed his arms over his chest and just glares at Tiffany.

"Kid Flash, don't you want to join us? It's really fun," M'gann asked, looking over at him.

Wally just shook his head and walked into the kitchen.

M'gann looked back at the others a bit confused. "He has been acting differently since I told him about Tiffany's change of heart."

"My change of heart?" Tiffany asked confused about what she meant.