Ch. 5: Fun Times, Tough Times

Wally was speed walk pacing back and forth waiting for Robin to arrive. They had to wait on the party because of Robin walking in all beat up. Batman had informed them that Robin was ok and already complaining about not being able to go to Mount Justice.

"So when's he gonna get here?" Kid Flash finally said impatiently to no one in particular.

Everyone was sitting on the couches and chairs also waiting for Robin to arrive.

"Batman said he would be here around two. It's almost two so he should be walking in any min..." M'gann said, but she was suddenly interrupted by the computer announcing Robin's arrival.

Everyone stood up and went over to where Robin was. The greeted him with question after question. "Who attacked you?" "Are you alright?" "Why did that person attack you?"

Robin finally raised both of his hands and shouted over the questions, "Enough!"

He walked over to the couch and suddenly realized all the decorations.

"What's with all the streamers and decorations?" Robin asked as he sat on the couch.

"Well," M'gann began, "we were going to throw you a party for your birthday yesterday, but when you came in all beat up and then collapsed, Batman said the party would have to wait until you felt more up to it."

Robin stared at her and the others surprised then asked a bit confused, "You guys knew about my birthday?"

"Yeah, Uncle Berry brought over decorations and told us that Batman was gonna let us throw a party for you since we can't go to your civilian party," Kid Flash said.

Robin stared at them for a few more seconds then stood up and said, "Then what are we waiting for? Let's get this party started.

YJYJYJYJYJ

They played games, ate cake, watched TV, and Robin opened all of the gift they got him. There weren't that many gift just one from each but Robin didn't care too much, he was just happy to celebrate his birthday with his team.

As the night came around, and the party was starting to die down, Robin decided that it was time to take all his gifts home. He said goodbye and used the teleporter to get him back to the Batcave.

"See ya tomorrow, Rob," Kid Flash called out before Robin left. Then he was gone.

He arrived back at the Batcave, changed, and went up to the mansion to put his stuff in his room.

"Dick, how was the party?" Bruce asked as he stepped out of the elevator.

Bruce was sitting in the chair in front of the fire reading the newspaper.

"Good, although I can't believe you actually told them," Dick said as he walked past Bruce and stopped and turned around to look at him before he got out the door.

"I thought you have liked telling your friends at Mount Justice something about your everyday life," Bruce replied looking up at Dick.

Dick smiled. "Thanks, it was great." Dick walked out the door and up to his room to put his stuff away.

Bruce just smiled back and turned back to his newspaper.

YJYJYJYJYJYJ

Tiffany was sitting in a chair in an old run down shack that looked like it was going to fall apart if you breathed on it just staring at the device Robin had given her.

"You know if you just push it now it'll all be over quicker," a voice from behind her said.

Tiffany didn't look surprised or even startled by his voice; she just continued to look at the device in her hand. She looked up at the guy as he walked around so he could look at her right in the face.