Ch. 1: Help Me

Batman and Robin were following the Penguin across the rooftops of Gotham. The Penguin kept throwing different objects at them to get them off his tail. Robin was running very close to the edge of a building when Penguin finally let the large bag of money he was carrying fall. The bag came right toward Robin and it caused him to fall off the edge of the building.

"Robin!" Batman raced over to the edge of the building in time to see Robin grab a nearby street light and gracefully land on the ground.

Seeing that Robin was fine, Batman continued to chase after The Penguin.

On the ground, a girl watched as Robin landed on the ground.

"Wow, that was amazing," she cried.

Robin turned and looked at her. "That was nothing. I can do that in my sleeping. I just don't like that I got pushed off by that bag of money," he said pointing to the bag of money.

The girl smiled and started to move toward Robin when he looked up and saw The Penguin on the ground fighting Batman.

"Sorry got to go," Robin said as he ran toward Batman and Penguin.

The girl followed him and watched as Batman and Robin took down the Penguin. It was a short battle but she could tell that it was also a tough battle.

When they finally knocked Penguin unconscious and the police finally arrived, the girl came up to Robin again and talked to him while Batman talked with Commissioner Gordon.

"That was a pretty cool fight," she said.

"Yeah, the Penguin's tough, but we can handle him," he replied watching the police put The Penguin in the squad car.

"You must be a really good fighter to take down all the bad guys."

Robin turned to her and smiled, "Yeah, we practice all the time."

She smiled back at him then looked over her shoulder.

Robin saw this and asked, "What's wrong?"

She turned back to him and replied, "I need your help."

"Why?"

"There's this person after me."

Robin looked past her and down the street. "I don't see anyone."

"He's not there now, but he's been following me."

"Have you told the police yet?"

"No!" she said a little too loudly and with a hint of fear in her voice. "No. I can't go to the police."

Robin looked confused, "Why not?"

"It's complicated."

"Ok? Then what can I do?"

She looked over her shoulder again then back at him. "I was hoping you could help me. Protect me somehow."

"Ok, let me go get Bat..." Robin started as he turned to go toward Batman.

"No!" she cried grabbing his arm to stop him. "No, no police."

"Alright, I won't tell the police. I'm just going to get Batman."

"Batman is worse than the police."

Robin looked at her confused.

She sighed as she continued. "Please, I need your help, but the police and Batman can't be involved."

"But Batman can help you. He can protect you a lot better than I could on my own."

"No, please, it has to be you. I don't know what he would do if he found out The Batman was protecting me."

"And you're not worried if I help you?" he said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"You're younger which is why he wouldn't be too worried about you. But I know you could protect me just as well as the police or Batman could."

"Robin, let's go," Batman called to him as he headed to where they left the Batmobile.

The girl looked at him with a look that said, 'Please, help me.'

"Alright, I'll help you, but if I feel like it's too much for me to handle on my own, I'm gonna call for help."

She smiled at him. "Thank you. Meet me at the park tomorrow after school, around three-thirty. I'll explain everything to you then."

"Ok, I'll be there," he agreed as he turned to follow Batman.

The girl watched him leave with a sly smile on her face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the first chapter of a story I hope you enjoy.

Leave a comment on your thoughts.

Thanks for reading :D