05. Monster

Monster

Chapter Five

August 9, 2012

Beyoncé looked into the mirror once more at one of the dresses she had laid out. Tonight was the night that she was going out with Shawn, and she was honestly nervous. That nervousness went straight to her calling Kelly to come and help her find something to wear. She'd bought several different outfits and couldn't think of which one to put on. Kelly was sitting on the edge of her bed, watching her best friend. It was cute, because the last time that Bey was getting dressed for a date, it was with a married man.

"What about this one?" Bey asked as she smoothed down the black Alice + Olivia dress she'd recently purchased from Neiman Marcus. When she first thought about the date, she didn't think that it was a big deal, but appearances meant everything to her. She wanted to look her best.

"Where are y'all going?" Kelly asked, attempting to figure out if Bey was overdressed or not. She could easily dress the simple black dress up or down, but it all depended on their location.

Bey shrugged her shoulders. "Out to dinner."

"That's it?" Kelly had a frown on her face. She always thought that typical dinner first dates were corny, but this wasn't her they were talking about. She and Beyoncé weren't the same. Bey liked starting off with simple, because too much scared her. She had to go through hoops to date someone because of her life. Never would she let someone get too attached to her, in fear of someone finding out.

"That's all I need. It's the first date, Kelendria." Kelly laughed softly at Bey calling her by her government name.

"I'm just saying," Kelly started. "You're a big timer. He has to come harder, babe."

"He doesn't know I'm a big timer," Bey defended. Shawn knew nothing about her, not even her real name. She was keeping it that way until she was able to actually tell him who she was exactly. Just because they were popular in the streets, didn't mean that Shawn paid any attention to the streets. There were many people who didn't pay attention to the New York City crime or mafia dealings. As long as those people stayed away from them, they were fine.

Kelly shook her head. "Well, try another one on. Is this restaurant fancy or anything?"

"Actually, it's that restaurant that you and I were supposed to go to that time."

"That time you cancelled on me?"

Bey rolled her eyes. "Yes, that one," she mumbled. Bey grabbed another dress she'd purchased. Swiftly, she went into the bathroom and changed from the black dress to a 3D flower jacquard pencil dress from Alexander McQueen. Bey stepped out the bathroom and Kelly's mouth flew open. The dress hugged practically everything on the woman's body. It was sexy, yet sophisticated. It was Bey wrapped into a dress.

"Girl! He's going to want to fuck you out of that dress!"

Bey chuckled a bit and smoothed it down. "That's the point." Bey was expecting to get fucked tonight. After their race, Shawn had won, giving him the chance to fuck her in any way that he wanted to. He'd be the one in control. It had been a while since Bey had any sexual relations, but she knew that she wasn't rusty with her skills. She continued getting dressed with Kelly talking to her the entire time.

"You know, I think this is actually good for you," Kelly spoke.

Bey stopped putting her earring into her ear to look at Kelly with a slight frown molded onto her face. "Good for me?"

"Well, you haven't been with anyone since Stephen's crazy ass, and you need to get out. If he makes you happy, go all the way," Kelly advised.

Bey couldn't resist her laughter. "Kelly, it's one date. Not like I'm about to snatch this man up."